New storage heaters, off peak supply

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Howard

Reaction score
Hi
I've yet to visit, but the potential customer reckons his mother needs a new heating system. Currently E7 only storage heaters. (On my list is to check for a teleswitch)
I've only ever repaired storage heaters, or fitted new from scratch where I could first fix what I liked.

I'm wondering what you do if someone wants new units and only has one radial to each location.
Do you adapt them to be 24/7 supplies and use units that can accept a single supply?
Are there any off-peak only replacement units?
I'm grateful for any head-starts in terms of products to look at as I don't know this area very well. I understand Dimplex!
Many thanks

Off peak can usually be achieved via the meter these days, rather than separate off peak unit. Got to be worth considering heat pumps as these offer 3 to 1 efficiency, and sometimes more,so much reduced bills.

Most storage heaters have some form of secondary fan heater, but require a second live supply . Pita to rewire for that, but far more flexible in use.