The Part P Doctor SECOND FIX (2nd) by Alan Lynch

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
If you have purchased the Part P Doctor SECOND FIX (2nd) by Alan Lynch - FROM US with your Special Discount, Please post your Reviews here. I am sure Alan Would Appreciate it.

Last edited by a moderator:
What an Excellent read! The experience shows.

Great Tips, Myth Busting, And for the not so experienced "Jargon Busting".

A great; Informative, book for People with all classes or no classes of experience.

It was well worth the Wait - And My hat off to you Alan. :)

Credit where credit is due!

There are soo many good points to mention, but I can't as I will give its contents away.

All I can say is; Experienced, non-experienced, no experienced and new Sparks, and the avid DIY enthusiast - This book is a great mine of information and it not only explains things extremely well, with clear and concise diagrams and 'Real Life' photos at various stages of test etc... but it also states where you can find the "Cross Referenced" material, backed up with the actual numbered positions.

Thank You Alan, A wonderful read!

Totally Agree Admin,

Super book very informative and well put together. Excellent pictures

Well done Al

Chris Daly

Plymouth

Received my copy yesterday, Really prompt...

Have had a scan through and I must agree it is a thorough and common sense read.

Good pictures and layout. I will be reccommending this to my colleagues to get their own copy.

Nice One

Bought my copy (via the forum link) over the xmas period and it arrived very promptly (thanks Alan).

I would highly recommend it to anyone doing the 2330 easy to read/understand nice section at the start gives all the triangle methods of working out the formulas required.

It

I have finaly got to read through the Part P Doctor second fix (purchased via the link on this forum).

Alan once again it's a spot on read mate, informative & easy to understand info with very good pictorial step by step how to do advice.

Ok if like most of us here you are doing the job day in day out it will be viewd by some as sucking eggs, but it has to be said this is an ideal book for those that are just starting out in the trade or are at college & dare I say it undertaking one of the 5 day wonder courses, yes even if you've been on the tools for years it is still a good read.

I learnt something from the book ....mixing salt with plaster... & rogering charlie (never heard that one)...

Well done Alan.

Think I'll get my order placed today then. Sounds very informative and usefull.

Ordered the book over Christmas - arrived within two days.

Very well laid out, lots of nice pictures (great for me!) and common sense interpretations.

Well done

I have a question to ask.

I have the first Part P doctor, which was an excellent book, so I'm wondering, is the new version just amended to take into account of the 17th, or is there any new content, tricks, tip etc?

Hello Voltimax,

New things discussed in the book are 250V insulation testing (due to surge protection units)and "transfer of origin" as there are two boards on my project (big house)....This is a particularly misunderstood part of sparking..... :_|

There is also in depth explanation of RCDs (why and when)

Apart from that, it is just heavily refined with improved pictures and diagrams.

Best wishes

Alan

Not sure how to leave a reply but what a great book. I ordered it between crimbo and new year and it turned up the next day, i couldn't believe it.

Brill book, nice one Alan.

Going to start reading my copy tomorrow.

ps. Thanks for the speedy delivery

What can I add? Ordered my copy new years eve and it was delivered on the Saturday 2nd (Well it would have been if I had been at work) read it and as everyone has said very informative and straightforward. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Thanks Alan

Carl Guinness

Sorry Alan, should have left this much sooner. Like everyone else I ordered it over Christmas and it arrived about 9 seconds after I clicked send? Brilliant service.Applaud SmileyApplaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

For me the book is excellent, quite a few things learnt and or cleared up. I've had it a while now and would make just one very small complaint. Maybe I'm reading it too much but the spine binding is showing signs of weakness, some pages are beginning to part ways with the spine. Of course being clever you thought of this and had the publisher put numbers on all the pages so they could be rearranged if the glue does give way!

As I say apart from that I can not praise it or you highly enough.

Many thanks. Guinness :Y

My Birthday yesterday, and it looks like my hints worked. Got a copy of the book yesterday. Had a quick scan through it, looks like a job well done on the book content, well laid out sections, and true real life pictures which always makes for a better book (in my opinion). So well done Alan.

Cheers Steve

My Birthday yesterday, and it looks like my hints worked. Got a copy of the book yesterday. Had a quick scan through it, looks like a job well done on the book content, well laid out sections, and true real life pictures which always makes for a better book (in my opinion). So well done Alan.Cheers Steve
Please accept my Belated Birthday Wishes, for Yesterday Mate. :(

Also - add your birthday to the calender and change the settings in your "User CP".

;)

Got my copy 2 days after ordering online. Had a quick look through and seems like a decent book. Pretty much repeat what previous posters have said -

Good layout

Real life examples shown - I like this

Great text for those starting out and a reference for old hands.

Worth the money - buy it!

totally agree with everything said, it does exactly what it says on the tin, nice one Alan, and very well done, a must for all trainee sparks, (Meerkat) :Applaud :Applaud

Hi peeps , Totally agree with all the previous post's , EXELLENT book , just a shame the bloody pages all fell out, crappy glue X( but as some smart cookie numbered the pages it now lives in a polypocket folder ,so wont get lost and safe from stains ..Tidy smart.