The sheds again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Argh i c andy hes known to u guys is he. I will have to Contact him if he finds a

Why the hell should we worry about how the public or bob the builder thinks?

Every one of my customers have an insurance backed warranty and a gaurentee(splelt wrong but what the hell) I can sleep at nights and my customers have a route of redress and complaint.

Why the hell should we worry about how the public or bob the builder thinks?Every one of my customers have an insurance backed warranty and a gaurentee(splelt wrong but what the hell) I can sleep at nights and my customers have a route of redress and complaint.
Calm down Horny - you'll give yourself a coronary!

Why are builders called 'Bob' and the public called 'Joe'?

Guarantee ;) btw

Sorry Apache I do sometimes get frustrated when some builder or a supposed electrician will con a member of the public into work that is A, not required or B, incorrectly done

C, carries no detailed inspection reports. D, is totally agaianst building regulations E, totally against every decent procedure for safety and construction of use.F, replaces previuos safe installations for one which would constitute a danger.

And G the biggiy, aint worth the paper its wiped its ass on.

I love these debates as i can see from the otherside.In the link there's no mention of a CU change! He wants the re-wireable fuses changing to MCB's

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/87979/Electrical-Supplies/Consumer-Units/Wylex-MCBs-Incomers/WYLEX-32A-SP-Type-B-Curve-MCB

No? (It's an old Wylex board)

I know an RCD would be lovely but MCB trips would be better than what is there?
Paddy you are not keeping up with things. If we change from rewireable fuses to mcb's we would still have to test as we are changing the tripping characteristics of the device but why would you want them old fashioned plug in devices anyway.

Batty