The sheds again

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Paddy you are not keeping up with things. If we change from rewireable fuses to mcb's we would still have to test as we are changing the tripping characteristics of the device but why would you want them old fashioned plug in devices anyway.Batty
No - you've missed my point. He could buy them himself and fit them himself, and for all we know this might be all he wants and expects. Might be where he recons materials cost <

i never knew they cost so much! Ive thrown countless away, not sure why i would keep them, or who would want them though.

Thats scary-terminating with 2.5-when 3 core 4 will only give 10 amp-wot about 5 0r 6 for 2.5 in a radial of that length. Possibly running 38 amp off it if was using max load of what he said-

just wait a few more weeks for the next question.

'i have installed all this, but when i try to use anything, all the lights dim and everything cuts off. i have tested the voltage with a screwdriver and that gets very dim when anything is turned on. is there any way i can increase the voltage? (i notice the cable says 400V on it. maybe if i connect a 110v transformer the wrong way, i should get a higher voltage?)'

I hope he doesnt read this... may give him a few (bad) idea's.....

just wait a few more weeks for the next question.'i have installed all this, but when i try to use anything, all the lights dim and everything cuts off. i have tested the voltage with a screwdriver and that gets very dim when anything is turned on. is there any way i can increase the voltage? (i notice the cable says 400V on it. maybe if i connect a 110v transformer the wrong way, i should get a higher voltage?)'

I hope he doesnt read this... may give him a few (bad) idea's.....
Stop reading my college notes :(