Third Party Solar Monitoring?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scruffy D

Reaction score
I'm looking for a third party app to monitor my system, are there any options?

Split from hi-jacked thread

such things exist, but are generally for commercial solar installations, like solar farms, and I can't think of any readily available domestic systems. They used to be around, but most people just use what ever comes with the inverter these days, which has a lot to do with cost. If I recall correctly, separate systems where in the region of £500, which no doubt explains why they have disappered from the solar wholeslaers.

The only thing I can think of that maybe cost effective is the GeoSolar monitor, but that won't tell you anything about battery state of charge. So that leaves getting keen with an Arduino or Raspberry Pi, but even that would be difficult to retrofit to a battery system.

Home assistant has integrations for most Solar systems, I use it on our Solax inverters and batteries. Mine does run on a raspberry pi 4 but could run on any virtual server computer if permanently powered. My interface is via modbus, but there may be wireless or ethernet options. Home assistant is a fair learning curve, and I am a fairly experience in computer programming. Having said that once setup and leant, it's mostly a simple GUI interface to configure and control.
However if your current reporting is not accurate have you checked the correct installation and calibration of your CT's or meter monitoring, if they are out any third party monitoring may also be out, unless they use alternative sensors.

Locked to prevent being resurrected (again)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts