This has to be Bull shine ...surely not real ?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking on Youtube  ,    it shows an American black guy,  in his 30s ,   who is about to  listen ..for the first time to  Chuck Berry singing Johnny B Goode   in a 1958 video .  

" Hey man  who was this dude  "  he says   .  etc etc     Oh come on ,  what planet  has he come from ?  Utter BS.

Now is this  maybe  an age thing with me  or what ?    How many people in the western world  over the age of , say 25  would not have heard of  Chuck Berry ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
They live in a different world today.

Tried explaining to my daughter that we had back and white television (why?) and there were only 3 channels, and you turned the set on and then waited for it to warm up before the sound, then the picture came on.  And if you wanted to change channel you gout up out of your chair, walked up to the set and pushed a button.

Have you seen the you tube video of presenting youngsters with an old rotary dial telephone, with no instruction, and asking them to dial a number?

And try explaining telex and fax as the only means of "instant" communication.

Here you go, the phone clip

Last edited by a moderator:
They must have seen it done in the movies  surely .      Oh they're American  ...I see it now . 

Now is this  maybe  an age thing with me  or what ?    How many people in the western world  over the age of , say 25  would not have heard of  Chuck Berry ? 
I see what you're saying here..... thinking about it ...I know virtually nothing about today's  popular music  and those involved in it  but remember all those from when I was  at school  & a teenager .   My local  Radio WM  plays endless instantly forgettable, tuneless   pop records during phone-ins etc     but I'm sure the today's kids know them all. 

I remember saying once that my  grandfather , who I never knew ,  was amazed at radio  ,  would always say   " Do you realise this music is coming from London  and we're listening here 100 miles away  "    

I got  "Why did it amaze him " ?       The thing  was  he was born in  1868    & died in 1939  .   To him it was amazing , he would never have seen TV  .