Three Phase

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The up and coming area that it was meant I had all the "ladies of the night" calling out
I once stayed in a hotel in Hull while on a fire fighting course.

It was the only one I have ever encountered where there was

a lift that went from street level to the rooms WITHOUT going

anywhere near reception.

Talk about a knocking shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
I "think" it is now called, the Jury's Inn on Broad St. in Birmingham.

IF it is the hotel I am thinking of it was not called that the last time I was there, but, I can't remember what it WAS called.

Any suggestions anyone?

That had a lift that went to the rooms without going to reception, and some business colleagues had an interesting experience when using it legitimately late at night when we were staying there.

I was tucked up in bed alone by then, as I had been since I went to my room.

We had had a heavy night of drinking & entertaining, so I was no use for anything else, even if I had had the inclination!!!

It was late, the bar etc. was closed, & my Canadian colleague only wanted some "soda" from the machine on the lower floor...

He was, well how can we say, subjected to a display he was not expecting, which did not stop, even though he was in the lift!....

Did someone try to take a rise out of him, Sidewinder?

Last edited by a moderator:
made the mistake of staying that hotel once, we had tried to book the one further down the canal where we had been before and was quite decent, but had forgotten the name. NEVER AGAIN!