To all approved contractors!.......A/C Assessment - Dist Board Charts

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welchyboy

Reaction score
Just after your opinion if you please

will i be expected to put charts next to the CU's in domestic properties im showing for A/C assessment?, the CU for 1 is a rewire in an understairs cupboard(not a great deal), but the other is a CU change with the CU at high level over the front door on display....dont think id get away with that!

I would normally print the shedule page off for comm jobs as standard, but you think ill get pulled over it for domestic as i havent previously done this?

thank u

Yes, but I wouldn't worry to much, you would fail for that but they will be checking for it next time.

You will get pulled over not leaving a circuit schedule at a db even domestic, well I would be by my AE anyway!

He pulled me once till he saw the label saying that the schedules were located at xxx and to obtain them before works!

As IMHO it was not a suitable environment for them, nor was there really a suitable place.

What Sidewinder has said above is a very good answer. Whilst all records should be at the DB, there is no specific requirement for them to be so. Due to enviromental, or even client requests, the actual distribution of all circuits could be included in a schedule, which could be posted and included in the clients engineering and service documents.

This would impose all the health and safety policies imposed by the installation owners, and enforce all the requirements that they woul ultimately impose.

i think i will have a look for these stickers, if i stick a shedule on the hallway of her house i dont think it will still be there by the time my assessor turns up!

would i just be expected to do it for major jobs in which fully tested the whole installation such as rewires and cu changes?

one job may be hard to get back to until my assessment, will it be a deferrment or just a ticking off and do it next time??

Last edited by a moderator:
It'd only be a minor non compliance,,, you shoudn't fail because of it.

I used one that came with a BG CU and my assessor commented that it didn't have enough information on it,,, it was completed fully, it just didn't have enough columns for the info they require

yes i have started using certificate software about 2 months ago must admit its alot more professional than certs with my terrible handwriting all over it, im pretty sure that it has a model DB chart in the program, i will start using it from now on!

would you only supply a chart on a brand new install? or more often than that??

i think i will have a look for these stickers, if i stick a shedule on the hallway of her house i dont think it will still be there by the time my assessor turns up!would i just be expected to do it for major jobs in which fully tested the whole installation such as rewires and cu changes?

one job may be hard to get back to until my assessment, will it be a deferrment or just a ticking off and do it next time??
I usually use the NICEIC circuit ID stickers for new installs/CU changes - just wondering what everyone does when adding a new circuit (where there are no previous records)? Do you leave a sticker and just fill in the details of your new circuit?