Torch Batteries

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmaccui

Reaction score
Hi guys just a question about who should pay for torch batteries me or the company?

thanks Kenny

Hi guys just a question about who should pay for torch batteries me or the company?thanks Kenny
Who supplied the torch?

What are you using it for, if you are using it to work with you should really be using a temporary light not a torch.

Who supplied the torch?What are you using it for, if you are using it to work with you should really be using a temporary light not a torch.
for loft work etc, i find a head torch much more useful than a work light.

i also use rechargeable batteries for torches

unless the company has provided an alternative light source, then i would expect them to pay for batteries

Company should be paying if you're using the torch in your day to day tasks, whether the bought it or you did.

Company should be paying if you're using the torch in your day to day tasks, whether the bought it or you did.
but if i gave someone a mains/rechargeable light, and they chose to use their torch instead, then i would not buy them batteries for it

But who said the OPs torch was rechargable?
no-one. but he never said if he had been provided with any alternative either, so jumping into 'employer should provide batteries' when you have no further info is not a good idea

OK then. :Salute

Come on Kenny, tell us if you've an alternative option:_|

thanks for the replies guys

i supplied the head torch for use in lofts,in cupboards etc etc

never been offered 1 by the boss

But who pays for the Leccy used to re-charge those batteries?