Torque Screwdrivers

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
but as usual, instead of approaching the problem the proper way, and finding out what is causing the fire in the first place and fixing the problem, were just going with '**** if it it catches fire, just stick it inside a fireproof box'

out of all these CU fires, how many are old fuseboxes / new plastic CU's, and how many fail on the tails or other connections?

You said it... I was also gonna mention the electrium recalls how many are still out there???

Proteus anyone?

But oh no it must be these stupid sparkies who can't use a screwdriver without numbers on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought.....

Exploding into,a ball of flames must ONLY be a UK based problem of biblical proportions!

Why?...i hear you ask

Well isn't the appropriate reg number a UK reg. And NOT a CENELEC reg....denoted by a 100 or 200 in the reg number?

And since WE have to buy an upgraded reg book because of CENELEC changes does this mean that all of Europe will have to follow OUR silly little reg?

Or do the conflict shirking cheese eating surreneder monkeys, or for that matter the mid-conflict allegiance changers have stronger wrists than we do

Just probably not thought this through properly

or,

dare I suggest it,

do the cheese eating surrender monkeys simply have a better system than ours where you cannot 'claim' to be an 'electrician' after 5 days of 'training'.  ?

just,,,,,,,,,,  a thought

What should we be doing with TT installations come AMD3??
good point,

Ive been thinking about this,

do we have to use the alternative protection methods on every install?

I can fore-see a lot of domestic customers unwilling to pay the extra money, so will either stick with their existing 40+ yo install, or go with Bob from the pub that is instantly £150 cheaper, so where else is he cutting corners??????

as another point of view,

what about the DNO and their piss poor connections in their meters and REC 2s,  ?

or, as always, are they going to be immune....?

good point,

Ive been thinking about this,

do we have to use the alternative protection methods on every install?

I can fore-see a lot of domestic customers unwilling to pay the extra money, so will either stick with their existing 40+ yo install, or go with Bob from the pub that is instantly £150 cheaper, so where else is he cutting corners??????

as another point of view,

what about the DNO and their piss poor connections in their meters and REC 2s, ?

or, as always, are they going to be immune....?
Im going with immunity.

They will be piss poor and when the high resistance joint burns the house down trumpton will put it down as a cu fire and sparkies will get the blame!

Did I mention the large increase in unskilled persons doing electrical work from around 2008 onwards?

Well, we can apparently not put our 100ma TD in a plastic enclosure before the MC CU so not really what I done before 

TT was mentioned in another thread - basically, wylex have said use a stuffing gland where cables enter enclosure

as for the REC2's, does that mean i cant install one under 7671, but DNO can under ESQCR?

Did I mention the large increase in unskilled persons doing electrical work from around 2008 onwards?
erm... wasnt part p 2005

Wasn't talking pee it's more xenophobic than that...

thinking about it, it was more like 2004

onwards ;)

1 May, 2004

10 new countries join the European Union bringing its membership to 25.

At midnight on 1 May the 15 old European Union members welcomed Cyprus the Czech Republic Estonia Hungary Latvia Lithuania Malta Poland Slovakia and Slovenia to the bloc. The historic expansion was marked with celebrations across member states.

UK homeowners rejoice in not having to pay English builders wheelbarrows full of money to stand around and drink tea and instead employ the bright youthful lad from Slovenia, who cares if he made shoes for a living, were not paying vat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well if its only London, why not introduce a regulation, so that London is a special location and must have metalclad fuseboard, rest of UK fine  :innocent

Also if the majority of the fires are in London, you must ask why  :innocent

For me its just the industry making money yet again, making a problem that will cost the end user to put right  :red card

Latest posts