Uh-Oh.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had similar to this, working as a sub on a contract for a "Dinton Hall" in Aylesbury.

This was purchased by a Richard Van Bergen, who hired a building firm to do all of that and us to do the other, in short this firm went into receivership (not for the first time either)

Anyways, the on site QS would not let us on site as he thought we were part of said firm, only after several hours of my boss phoning around America did he track RVB down and got him to phone the QS guy and explain that we were not a part of said firm. We did not lose out like you so I hope you hold onto that cash and wait and see what happens.

Good luck with it mate.

Hello kme

It sounds like you have got caught in a dispute between the customer and the original builder. If it was agreed to put the cables on the joists as they where to be battened out this is not your fault if they now are in the way. I would not panic just sit it out until tomorrow. I can imagine how this has ruined your weekend. Its hard enough doing our work as it is with out this hassle. Since i have been in business all the hassle i have had has been due to builders. I have one at the moment that owes me

Bloody Heck, KME.I hope you get that sorted out Mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Admin : 24th May 2008 at 14:12.
He's got more to worry about than his hat Admin!

Damn editing ability!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Mr Sworld : 24th May 2008 at 14:13. Reason: Admin re-editing spelling mistake so my post is pointless!
I just luuuuuvvv theses two posts!! :D

PMSL!

:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

I think you have been connned by the customer , but what sparks wants to take on some one elses work any way, they cant be any good any way.

Find out whos doing the electrical work now contact them and explain your owed money as well and the situatioin with the NICIEC, by the way is here for us as well as the customers, and they dont just turn up the next day to inspect witout notifying you.

Find out from a solicitor if you can take on the new electricians as well.

Slander, breach of contract,

Won`t get the sparx for either of those m8; and TBH I wouldn`t if I could. Too vindictive for me! Sparx don`t deserve that, any more than I did!

I just want it sorted. Don`t care how. If I have to go and do 2 days work to put right "faults" that I don`t even know about, so be it. But they`ve got to level with me r.e alleged problems.

Depressed (still) :( :( :( :( :(

UPDATE TIME!!!

OK, here we go.

Last Tuesday, the customer `phones me 6pm, asking if I`m going to give him his money back. I (nicely) said "no", and that I`d sent him a letter explaining the procedure for NIC complaints, which he should have the next day.

He then said that he was following advice from the NIC area engineer, who`d been out & seen the job after a call from his wife.

His parting remark was that he would be submitting a complaint, and hung up.

I phoned the area engineer, and explained what was happening. He had spoken to the wife ON THE PHONE, but hadn`t been to the premises (as we suspected!)

His advice was to contact the customer, requesting a meeting to make a list of alleged issues, and allow us to address them as appropriate. He also recommended keeping a record of everything that had happened, on the "customer complaint form".

Both of these I did on the Tuesday evening. Nothing happened until Friday, when I had a letter from the customers, basically stating that they have complained to the NICEIC.

As of now, I`m not doing anything about it. Don`t think there`s any need!

Not depressed anymore:D In fact, I`ve got too much else going on to be bothered about it.

UPDATE TIME!!!OK, here we go.

Last Tuesday, the customer `phones me 6pm, asking if I`m going to give him his money back. I (nicely) said "no", and that I`d sent him a letter explaining the procedure for NIC complaints, which he should have the next day.

He then said that he was following advice from the NIC area engineer, who`d been out & seen the job after a call from his wife.

I phoned the area engineer, and explained what was happening. He had spoken to the wife ON THE PHONE, but hadn`t been to the premises (as we suspected!)

His advice was to contact the customer, requesting a meeting to make a list of alleged issues, and allow us to address them as appropriate. He also recommended keeping a record of everything that had happened, on the "customer complaint form".

Both of these I did on the Tuesday evening. Nothing happened until Friday, when I had a letter from the customers, basically stating that they have complained to the NICEIC.

Not depressed anymore :D In fact, I`ve got too much else going on to be bothered about it.
Glad to hear Mart. :x

You've made my day now hearing that. :x

and one for the missus while i'm at it :x

Well they are free :D

Kme

good news mate

Phone them up in a weeks time saying you havnt heard from the NIC

and the following week

after that check with the Nic to see if there has been a complaint made ,,,if not.......

i am sure the Don is available......

anyway

Get those beers down yer neck

feel a party coming on....... :eek: :O:)

it annoys me though that the customer put you thru it

shame there isnt a thread for customers we should avoid

UPDATE TIME!!!OK, here we go.

Not depressed anymore:D In fact, I`ve got too much else going on to be bothered about it.
Seems to be panning out just as we expected...

whatever happens I am sure the NICEIC will expect YOU to be given first opportunity to put right any GENUINE errors! :)

otherwise.. they are contravening there OWN rules! :(

dunno how MR customer will like that!!! :D :D:^O:^O