valiant or baxi

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think we have enough plumbers to ask such a question. It's akin to the megger/fluke debate.

Why not go ask over on SF.............

;)

i have fitted loads of both with no problem with either,

i go for baxi and stand by them 100%.

advantages.

5 year warranty,

parts are very economical compared to to ther models,

excellent hot water flow rates,

90% + efficiency sedbuk A,

if you call a warranty in they will attend the next day,

flexability of instalation ie: length of flue etc.

i have fitted hundreds of them, the contract i am going for at the minute is 1000 heatings and we will be fitting baxi platinums, that has got to mean something.

beware the valiants they do cheap and nasty eco-tec`s ie:24 kw

i would go for the baxi platinum 28/33 or 40 kw depending on size and demands req.

if a big house go for the baxi solo he range, unvented hot water, secondart coils for solar etc .. the options are numerous ..

i have fitted loads of both with no problem with either,i go for baxi and stand by them 100%.

advantages.

5 year warranty,

parts are very economical compared to to ther models,

excellent hot water flow rates,

90% + efficiency sedbuk A,

if you call a warranty in they will attend the next day,

flexability of instalation ie: length of flue etc.

i have fitted hundreds of them, the contract i am going for at the minute is 1000 heatings and we will be fitting baxi platinums, that has got to mean something.

beware the valiants they do cheap and nasty eco-tec`s ie:24 kw

i would go for the baxi platinum 28/33 or 40 kw depending on size and demands req.

if a big house go for the baxi solo he range, unvented hot water, secondart coils for solar etc .. the options are numerous ..
you wernt ment to say baxi X(

i was argueing that valiant was much better, only cause most gas fitters i speak to say there the dogs b****x, so we went and had one fit.

lol.

i am sure it will be fine. which model is it you got fitted ?

how long is the warranty.?

also did you get the building control cert, did he give you a cp1 instalation cert ..

you will need this for the hips if you sell etc.

how long is the warranty.?also did you get the building control cert, did he give you a cp1 instalation cert ..

you will need this for the hips if you sell etc.
yes got all that, all registered etc, not sure how long the warrenty is.

apparently the heat exchange is warrented for 10 years??

it is stainless, the warrenty is only if the system has been flushed and inhibitor added. they will check this before honouring any warranty.

i have known only 2 exchanges go ever..

i think you have 2 years on the valiant .. but could be wrong.

either way sounds like a good install . :)