van racking/cable

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Brennan

Reaction score
does anyone have anything good in there van for keeping rolls of cable tidy??

just gettin the back of my new van organised but the cable always ends up on the floor and it does my head in, i like things tidy

does anyone have anything good in there van for keeping rolls of cable tidy??just gettin the back of my new van organised but the cable always ends up on the floor and it does my head in, i like things tidy
i have a few wooden shelves for keeping cable on - they are facing forward, and surprisingly, i rarely have to pick any up off the floor whats fallen out

I have the same prob Mr B. Just got a new van myself, and not sorted this issue out yet. I did notice in Pee and Poo that they sell metal table legs. I was thinking I may get 4 or 5 of them and attach to a bit of wood at a slight angle to put reels on. Each leg would fit 2 reels of 2.5mm on nicely....The legs are cheap - couple of quid each, and well sturdy.

I have the same prob Mr B. Just got a new van myself, and not sorted this issue out yet. I did notice in Pee and Poo that they sell metal table legs. I was thinking I may get 4 or 5 of them and attach to a bit of wood at a slight angle to put reels on. Each leg would fit 2 reels of 2.5mm on nicely....The legs are cheap - couple of quid each, and well sturdy.
get some pics up once u have sorted it

My last van was a transit, I now have a LDV. what I did was cover the wheel arches with a shelf and put all the cable below this.It freed up loads of space on top to store my boxes for first and second fix gear.

Can't help with the cable drums , mine are on the floor ! My van is ex-BT so was racked out for those plastic bins that hook on,very useful. I have some foot long offcuts of 25mm Plastic conduit, tywrapped upright for keeping long SDS masonary drills in , a foot long piece of 4" PVC pipe , upright, for bending springs, woodsaw etc. Also a lenth of PVC oblong shaped fan duct to store about six spare 5ft Fluoro tubes.

Latest posts