Voltimum - Introducing Technically Speaking – the latest podcast series from NICEIC

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Social Integrator

News Hound
Reaction score
NICEIC, the UK’s leading certification body for the building services industry, has introduced their latest podcast series, ‘Technically Speaking’. Aimed at electrical contractors wishing to expand their knowledge, ‘Technically Speaking’ joins the brands successful technical webinar series, The WIRE and complements the regular NICEIC Live Stream events and Low Carbon Fix podcast.

“Following the events of the past 18 months, we are acutely aware that our customers are increasingly looking for new and more convenient ways of undertaking learning,” said Paul Collins, NICEIC Technical Services Manager.  

“This is clearly demonstrated in the success we have seen with The WIRE, which reached over 10,000 individuals in the last series, and the increasing popularity of our weekly Live Stream events, which regularly attract over 1,000 viewers.  

“Keen to keep engaging with our audience, we are delighted to introduce our latest offering, ‘Technically Speaking’. Taking the questions and answers from our Live Stream Q&A events, we have added this technically rich content to our growing Podcast platform allowing contractors to tune in whilst out on the job, in the van, or at a time and place to suit them.”

Available now via all popular podcast channels, including Spotify and Apple Podcasts, the ‘Technically Speaking’ launch package includes eight episodes.

To tune in, search NICEIC Podcasts via your chosen podcast provider, and don’t forget to log any of the episodes you listen to as part of your personal CPD record.

Brand: 
NICEIC

Thumbnail image: 
technically_speaking_image.jpg.5af584e801108bb9aad33cc127cdec6b.jpg

Teaser: 
- NICEIC adds to their digital tool kit launching a new podcast series, ‘Technically Speaking.’
- Following on from the success of the technical webinar series, The WIRE and complementing NICEIC's regular Live Stream events and Low Carbon Fix podcast, ‘Technically Speaking’ is another resource for electrical contractors.
- Available via all popular podcast channels, episodes deliver technical know-how answering questions captured via NICEIC’s Live Stream sessions. 

Type: 
Industry News

Main image(s): 

technically_speaking_image.jpg.cb98d3795cf9b96b6ee45b42fe946376.jpg

Date of publication: 
30/08/2021

Target group: 
Voltimum

View the full article

Problem is, the people who would actually benefit from such information are the least likely to realise that these "tools" actually exist - that said, I wonder how many "errors" or NICEIC "interpretations" of the regs will be in this?

🤣

episode 8 in the image... does a bit of metal, completely surrounded by plastic, need earthed
When I was an apprentice, where I worked everything was PAT tested regularly. This was long before PAT testing was even a term in use or a regular thing everywhere.  Trouble was we had our own rules.  So some bit of kit that the manufacturer had declared as class 2, if it had one tiny bit of metal exposed, our test procedure meant it had to be earthed, so cue a LOT of class 2 stuff modified to fit a 3 core flex to it just to earth some bit of metal that was in no way connected to any of the electrical bits inside.

Where can I find this podcast? So I can critique it in an unbiased way 

If you've got an iphone just do a search on the podcasts app for NICEIC

I listened to all the E5 podcasts - they have some unusual views ...... despite some of them being at the coal face

Last edited by a moderator: