WAGOBOX and WAGOBOX-LIGHT REVIEWS on talk.electricianforum.co.uk

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1

Forum Founder
Reaction score
This is the place to list your review of the Wagobox and Wagobox-light Maintenance Free Junction Boxes.

I am sure that our forum sponsor would appreciate it.

Many thanks and Kind regards,

Admin.

Wagobox Video:

xOZDLhRyE9c

* Please note that Wagobox - is the company that designed and manufacture the Wagobox and Wagobox-light. Although they also sell Wago products, they are Not the manufacturer of those said products.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well last night I placed an order on line & used the forum discount code, only a small saving but every little helps so thank you Ray.

The service so far is fantastic, I received (other half did) a call this morning thanking me for my custom & confirming my order will be with me on Tuesday. They were more than happy to add a note giving permission to leave the package next door if delivery is around school drop off/pick up times.

Well done all at Wago. Guinness

I have ordered Wago stuff from Ray many times.

His customer service is second to none and nothing is any bother to him.

Give him a call and you'll see what I mean.

As for Wago I believe these to be one of the best tools/equipment I carry on my van. They make work so much easier especially if your stuck in places like dirty lofts where you want to be in and out ASAP.

Thank you, it is really great to get such positive feedback.

As Dave2 says we are very happy to take calls and emails and can help out with anything from explaining how the products work and how to use them in your installations to what is the best delivery option for you.

Thank you, it is really great to get such positive feedback.As Dave2 says we are very happy to take calls and emails and can help out with anything from explaining how the products work and how to use them in your installations to what is the best delivery option for you.
If it alright with you, I (or you) could add your Video to this thread from Youtube?

Thanks Admin that would great!

I will leave it up to you, I think it will take me considerably longer than you to work out how to do that!

For anyone who takes a look you will be able to see it is very much an amateur video made some time ago now but that it does demonstrate clearly how both the connectors and the box works.

The Wagobox has also had some additional features added since this was made. There is now an additional gripper slot for very small cables and a slide action mounting point which works with a mounting button system so the box can be easily fixed to a surface after the connectors have been fitted into the box.

I've used the lever type connectors for a while now for testing. Ideal for sticking the line and earth togehter for R1+R2 measurements and you can add a link to another block if the wires are too short/tangled to fit in the same one.

For Ring circuits I have four connectors linked into pairs - so quick and easy to swap over if you don't get the right earth/Line together first time.

The boxes look brilliant as well, looking forward to giving them a try:Salute

Please remember guys - the reviews in this section are for the "Wagobox and Wagobox-light Maintenance free Juction Boxes" - Not the Wago connectors.

Will the junction boxes soon be having (MF) printed on them to comply with 526.3?

Thanks Admin that would great! I will leave it up to you, I think it will take me considerably longer than you to work out how to do that!
Doesn't look like he's going to so I will ;)

It's already been placed in my Opening Post, Apache.

Will the junction boxes soon be having (MF) printed on them to comply with 526.3?
As things currently stand the Wagobox is a BSEN60670-22 junction box solution that uses maintenance free terminals and as such can be installed in inaccessible locations such as ceiling and wall voids.

The next amendment to BS7671 has a change which comes into force in January, the section in the regs that covers connections which don't need to be accessible now states

"Equipment complying with BS5733 for maintenance free accessory and marked with the MF symbol and installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions."

BS5733 section 3.31 Maintenance Free Accessory:

"Accessory which does not require further inspection, testing or maintenance after installation in a circuit and which incorporates screwless terminals (re.14.5) and cable clamps to secure any associated cables."

Which is all ok.

BS5733 Section 14.5 Terminals for use in maintenance free accessories:

This section details a series of tests that need to be performed on the connectors to verify their maintenance free credentials... Some of these tests are already known and passed but there are some that are new and these tests are currently being done by Wago through an independent test house.

Wago are confident that their terminals will pass these tests but these things need to be done properly so we are currently waiting a reply.

We expect to get this in the new year and at that stage we will decide whether to mark the product as MF.

I hope that this has helped to explain the situation.

Thanks for your reply Ray. I'm sure your boxes will be fine and I feel fully confident in using your product along with the wago terminals as they are a good quality product (unlike cheap terminal strips that split as soon as you put a bit of pressure on them!)

I just wanted to clarify with you what the situation will be with your product in the new year with regards to the new labelling requirement. So it seems you have it all in hand, thanks.

As things currently stand the Wagobox is a BSEN60670-22 junction box solution that uses maintenance free terminals and as such can be installed in inaccessible locations such as ceiling and wall voids.The next amendment to BS7671 has a change which comes into force in January, the section in the regs that covers connections which don't need to be accessible now states

"Equipment complying with BS5733 for maintenance free accessory and marked with the MF symbol and installed in accordance with the manufacturers instructions."

BS5733 section 3.31 Maintenance Free Accessory:

"Accessory which does not require further inspection, testing or maintenance after installation in a circuit and which incorporates screwless terminals (re.14.5) and cable clamps to secure any associated cables."

Which is all ok.

BS5733 Section 14.5 Terminals for use in maintenance free accessories:

This section details a series of tests that need to be performed on the connectors to verify their maintenance free credentials... Some of these tests are already known and passed but there are some that are new and these tests are currently being done by Wago through an independent test house.

Wago are confident that their terminals will pass these tests but these things need to be done properly so we are currently waiting a reply.

We expect to get this in the new year and at that stage we will decide whether to mark the product as MF.

I hope that this has helped to explain the situation.
Hi, any update on this? Please see my post: http://www.talk.electricianforum.co.uk/question-answer-board/20311-wago-connectors-pulled-assessment.html

Thanks

Hi Jack,

Please take a look at my post on your other thread. I hope that I have answered your questions there, but please call me next week if you would like to discuss this further.

Just brought some Wago boxes and i am very happy with them.

Have been using the Cage terminal and push fit connectors for a while so thought why not?

I brought them from wagobox.com (forum sponsor) and as they currently have 20% off red ones i chose these as they are to be installed out of sight.

I will be using them mostly on lighting circuits (switch and loop) using push fit connectors or for repairing sections of cables.

The price £1.09 for the box, 36p for 3x 773 4 pole connectors and 9p for 1x 773 2 pole (for the switch line)

(price of connectors based on buying 100 connectors)

All in £1.54 for a MF (if it says so or not) JB. That Price included VAT and Free delivery.

Must say very happy so far and thought the sheet which shows the different applications (extending circuits, wiring centre for smokes ECT) was excellent and would be well worth posting up on the forum for all to see.

Even grabbed some of the bigger terminals for 6mm cable too after crimping a new piece of cable on a cooker circuit a few weeks ago (after some Rats took a liking to it) and thought at the time how much easier they would have been. So a lesson learnt there.

Latest posts