Wall Chaser

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use onw of the bosch multi tools think its a pmf180 for doing some of the chasing. Normally cut the edges of the chase with it and round a box if I'm sinking one of them. then use hammer and chisel to take the plasterout.Makes it a neat easy job. On plasterboard the multi tool is brill

I got an erbauer wall chaser from electricfix ,attached it to an empty henry worked wonders.definitely recommend it.

Got to admit I'll attatch Henry to the Metabo kit if I can't be arsed to lug the Bosch extractor up stairs, and they are only short chases. I would say you need an empty bag plus a fairly clean filter and unblocked hose to make it work anywhere near as good as th Bosch.

Wall chaser can be a good investment as long as you spend whatever you think the time saving is worth. If you're doing installs every day maybe it makes sense to buy a

I use a Martarbo chaser with vac and have found it great.

Will post some pics next time we use it.

I use a Martarbo chaser with vac and have found it great.Will post some pics next time we use it.
I am on my second Metabo, for the money I think they are great also have a Makita but think the Metabo are better.

I have an aldi chaser as well but I think it runs backwards tbh not very easy to use as it tries to climb out of the chase and run up the wall. But I used to use an erbaur wiyhe a henry and never had a problem with exsessive dust (just explained to client before hand that it will be dusty and cover everything with dust sheets)

henry is a cheery little guy to have on site but watch out for his mate George, he's a bit of a drinker :D

I have an aldi chaser as well but I think it runs backwards tbh not very easy to use as it tries to climb out of the chase and run up the wall. But I used to use an erbaur wiyhe a henry and never had a problem with exsessive dust (just explained to client before hand that it will be dusty and cover everything with dust sheets)henry is a cheery little guy to have on site but watch out for his mate George, he's a bit of a drinker :D
When chasing you need a fresh bag as it soon gets clogged. Never had to many problems with dust using my chasers and a henry although it can kill them eventually.

I know its a old topic but didn't wanna make another of the same thing.

Job coming up will be a big help and save the time. Don't do it day in day out probably every 3 months will use it.

Is the makita still the best thing out there for price? Thread is nearly 3 years old so wondering if ought new is ought yet

I would swear by the makita sg1250 mate its the best tool i got absolutely love it lol.

And in the post above if lilpete still comes on here. Your using the chaser wrong lol you start at top of wall and pull chaser down. If you go up the wall the chaser will run away as cutting backwards lol :slap

Cheers Matty been looking online but the sg1250 varies from £354 to £600 how much did u pay

Also which do u have 110v or 230v reason I'm asking is if using a Henry 230 v and a 110v chaser wi tranny near by I bet there always in way

I paid about £350 for mine. If your registered with machine mart they do vat free events to get your business and you could get it for about £330 I think.

I've got 230v :) my pal always moaning about carrying the effin box around wishes he had gone 230v instead. I don't really work on 'sites' as in 110v only.

I also went to local Hoover spares shop and bought a small length of metal tube so the angled Henry end attaches right to outlet on chaser so you can go lower to floor. You'll understand what I mean :)

Also use the Henry without a bag but you have to take the big filter out of Henry after every chase and bash it out outside which is well dusty but works for me lol. Probably gonna give Henry an early grave but bag would fill up after 1 chase lol

i use a Metabo with the Bosch GAS25 vac/extractor. It has a special feature that vibrates the fine dust out of the filter when you finish each chase. With this combo I can chase a wall with pretty much no dust except for the actual gunning out the chases which can get pretty dusty although I find one of the Rhino tubs with the vac in the bottom to catch falling debris helps quite alot. I found out after buying the Metabo ASR 2025 Vac has got two filters as oposed to the GAS25's one so should work even better. It ain't cheap but it works!

I use the hilti wall chaser with hilti vacuum extract. It is without doubt my BEST tool. it has never faltered, the blades all be it not cheap have only been replaced once and they cut through everything its come across. I'd say its the best wall chaser but pound for pound I can't comment other than its now about 10 year old and still going strong.

Dan

I am still using the same Makita chase cutter probably have killed a few Henry's since this thread was started but still happy with it. Still think Metabo have the edge but haven't needed to use the Metabo I have as the Maktia is still going strong.