website and general idea to increase workload.

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jl-heating

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wonder how many people we have on here that could help us increase the work load.

a few ideas i have are the 0845 number on the van.. it has made a massive difference to my workload and the good thing is its free.

it takes 2 min to register and pick a number and have it diverted to your home phone.(free set up and free diversion to a house number.)

the way i use it is call divert to my mobile. this has a cost of 2.50 a month plus 9 p/min

you seriously dont notice it and it is billed by the sec.

any one interested let me know and i can pm you details.

any one wanting a website let me know i am quite happy to help ..

ref: hosting, design or software to build 1, even happy to help with a domain name etc.

also if you have 1 and need help editting or uploading stuff etc .. i am sure not only me would be happy to help.

even if you want a gallery etc like mine again just ask .. :)

help means help .. not do . :)

i know unlike plumbers electricians like all the work doing for them . :)

hehe

as an electrican once said to me as he lay in the tea cabin.

If I was meant to walk up stairs they would not fit lifts and escalators for me.

also the company would not supply a car.

Gordon

a few ideas i have are the 0845 number on the van.. it has made a massive difference to my workload and the good thing is its free.
for what its worth, you should also have a 'local' number available. i generally avoid companies with 08 numbers, and unless i have an alternative number, they have probably just lost all possible work from me

i also find that many customers would rather phone a local number than 08, especially private customers

for what its worth, you should also have a 'local' number available. i generally avoid companies with 08 numbers, and unless i have an alternative number, they have probably just lost all possible work from mei also find that many customers would rather phone a local number than 08, especially private customers
Tend to agree, even more annoying they frequently won't ring the mobile number, even when they know me.

Tend to agree, even more annoying they frequently won't ring the mobile number, even when they know me.
most repeat customers of mine phone my mobile, and most 'emergencies' phone my mobile, most others phone the land line (even people who see my van in their street and want me to price work whilst im there, phone the land line.... still cant work out their logic!)

i speak from experience here, the 0845 works and works well.

people see it as company van and not a guy working from his house, i have been told many times we used you because you are more profesional and the number show you are a company here to stay and not a fly by night.

i do give a homee number on invoices and also mobile numbers etc.

also i am finding people email me more as well as ring me so thats also an excellent addition to the van .

cheers admin,, a little fun here .... how much do you think for the sign writing ?

Latest posts