Weekend Working

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulmer

Reaction score
How many of you still work weekends, if so is it saturday & sunday or just saturday. Before the crunch kicked in, some guys I know who would work 7 days a week to keep up with the work they had, and cos they're greedy barstewards.lol

Or may just simply have a Nagging Wife.

I work a lot on commercial stuff, breakdowns and reactive tends to be in the week, but instalatins etc at the weekends.

I do Saturdays & the occational Sunday when its needed but I have to say I do try to make Sunday the family day.

if you have to work weekends your not earning enough in the week headbang

I never work Saturday or Sunday other than an industrial shutdown on the mains or a sub main that can't be done in the week. This would normally be a Saturday , we would then take Monday off.

Mon to Fri is enough for me ,TBH

if you have to work weekends your not earning enough in the week headbang
Likin' your style Lostit... only when I'm really busy or when it can't be done any other time.

I work most Saturdays up to about 2 but would work Sundays if needed, how things are you need to get it when its there. CJS

I always keep saturdays for small jobs or jobs that can't be done in the week. Sundays are bookwork day or work if really busy but try not to work Sundays. I always think take the work when its available.

Batty

We used to do loads of saturdays but stopped last year apart from fire alarm test at a factory, now starting to do them again mainly commercial though. Also we do night work as and when required only the other week did a pharmacy over friday, saturday and sunday days and nights.

IMO if one works 7 days most weeks then one doesn't have a life!

I have to go out to drop my lad at his footy training at 10am Saturdays, so I go look at a job or two or do a minor repair or deliver some certs etc etc then get back for 12 to pick him up. That's about the extent of my weekend working.

Saturdays and sundays are for golfing in my case just had a great game this morning in Lichfield at Darnford Moors golf club.Bit windy but still good and then finish with a pint of Guiness Drink

I work every saturday because I earn as much privately on that one day as I do all week working for my tight ******* of a boss! Pays for the finer things in life!!

Being self employed I earn a fortune during the week and pay all my staff who never work weekends unless its the occasional Saturday morning.

I however work every weekend if not on site its in the office catching up with paperwork, wages, income, VAT and the likes.

Working weekends I do not get paid for, but the effort and time it saves me on the job means that the labour profit margines are better, so its a win win for me.

(I also have a naggin wife)

ROTFWLROTFWL

Cheers Admin for finding out why I really work weekends.

Ok then

Monday to Friday up at 5am, in the gym for 6:30, working for 8am

at least two nights ( but not more than three ) i work until about 8pm ( due to workload )

Saturdays - maybe till around lunchtime - sometimes not at all

Sundays - not unless there is a very good reason

Work hard - Play hard and make hay while the sun shines ;)

Ok thenMonday to Friday up at 5am, in the gym for 6:30, working for 8am

at least two nights ( but not more than three ) i work until about 8pm ( due to workload )

Saturdays - maybe till around lunchtime - sometimes not at all

Sundays - not unless there is a very good reason

Work hard - Play hard and make hay while the sun shines ;)
Deffo on the wrong forum although the indian may be able to help. You need to slow down.