what next

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danny7299

Reaction score
So then chaps , just wondering what would be the next move? got 2330 Lv 3 , 17th , 2391... so whats next

HND? has any one done this , is it worth doing?

Cheers

Dan

hi mate

was thinking about this myself. i spoke to my old lecturer the other month and he said you can do a city and guilds level 4. it involves lighting design etc, but i dont know any other sparks who have done this. Is there anyone out there?????

regards

mark

who will guard the guards???

So then chaps , just wondering what would be the next move? got 2330 Lv 3 , 17th , 2391... so whats nextHND? has any one done this , is it worth doing?

Cheers

Dan
Never a bad thing to have an HND under your belt Danny. It could get you a Junior/Assistant Engineers position later on in your career. Can also get you overseas positions if the need arises....

Never a bad thing to have an HND under your belt Danny. It could get you a Junior/Assistant Engineers position later on in your career. Can also get you overseas positions if the need arises....
Has any one done a hnd , is it hard ? The biggest thing that concerns me is how much time it will take up ....

It's one step down from Degree level, It used to be a 2 year collage evening course. Is it harder than City & Guilds, ....of course it is!!!

One is a lower level ''Certificate'' HNC, while the other is the higher ''Diploma'' level HND.

Normally, the ONC/OND would be taken before taking on the Higher levels, ....If there still around??

As i remember, from my trade school days, HNC covers approximately the same areas, but doesn't go into the depth that the Diploma course does.

Mind though Danny, i'm going back a long way now, and things could have quite possibly changed completly since my time. I'm sure there are others here that are far more up to date than i, on this subject.

2391-20 design and verification after 2391-10 inspect and test.

then HNC, after two years you can convert that into a HND with another year of studying, then you can go uni one day a week and turn that into a degree of some sort.

there are other routes but this is what i want to do and i think its the usual route for people working while studying. problem is they are very time consuming and your maths has to be a a-level standard to get on the HNC course at my local college.

Latest posts