What qualifications do I need to get?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEMON

Reaction score
Hi my names Tom, I'm a 24 year old from Birmingham. I'm interested in becoming an electrician but I'm unsure of the exact qualifications/certificates I will need to become fully qualified?

My local college has advised me to enrol on the C&G 2330 level 2 course. However the course is two years and i'd like to qualify sooner if possible. I have been looking at a company which offers the same certification + more in a shorter time, would this be a good idea to do or would I be better going with a college?

This is the company website i have been looking at...

http://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/

Hope somebody can help

Thanks

there is a reason why an apprenticeship takes 4 years.

2330 lvl 2 is only one part of an apprenticeship aswell. there is also lvl 3, & AM2 amongst other stuff

2330 is a start, but you would also need lvl 3. but 2330 is also being abandoned, so if you start lvl 2 now, there probably wont be a lvl 3 by the time you finish. quick search will get you more info on its replacement (2357 i think)

some companies offer distance learning....

these companies can get you through the exams very quickly BUT......

the thing you really require is good hands on training (which isn't very easy to get hold of due to the recession)

oh and be prepared to spend over and above