What sports have people taken up?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just started playing squash again after about 12 years off. Forgot just how much hard work it is lol

Just started playing squash again after about 12 years off. Forgot just how much hard work it is lol
Be careful. I was a regular player and someone who hadnt played in a long time challenged me. I was in a glassback court and loads of colleagues watching. There was a loud SLAP noise and Bert slumped to the floor. Everyone thought I'd smacked him with the racket. He had actually snapped his achilles tendon in 2 places and was in plaster up to his hip for several months and off work for a very long time. Do warm ups and stretches and be careful!

Be careful. I was a regular player and someone who hadnt played in a long time challenged me. I was in a glassback court and loads of colleagues watching. There was a loud SLAP noise and Bert slumped to the floor. Everyone thought I'd smacked him with the racket. He had actually snapped his achilles tendon in 2 places and was in plaster up to his hip for several months and off work for a very long time. Do warm ups and stretches and be careful!
When I read that, I thought a "BERT" was some kind of wierd name for a sexual organ that I hadn't heard of. I've since reread it and realised that Bert is the name of the person you were playing squash with. :Blushing

I'm very relieved.

I fly Radio Control models mainly Helicopters, have raced motocross but had to give it up do to work commitments would do it again tomorrow if work wasn't an issue.

Im a keen cyclist, road and mountain biking, not that theres any mountains round ere, but i do get up to Dalby Forest now n again.

I used to like going out in the fields and quarries on my old stripped down yammy DT and MX175, but that was a long time ago. :coffee

Im a keen cyclist, road and mountain biking, not that theres any mountains round ere, but i do get up to Dalby Forest now n again.I used to like going out in the fields and quarries on my old stripped down yammy DT and MX175, but that was a long time ago. :coffee
What part of the world are you, Nicky?

Scuba Diving, when I get the chance. Been doing it for 15 years [ish]. Wife bought me the course for a 40th birthday present, thought I would just do it on holiday. Anyway, 15 years on I am an Instructor [Mixed gases], also a gas blending Instructor, Service Technician for a major manufacturer [factory trained]. Prefer to dive in Egypt but that has gone a bit moody at present, so I will have to stick with UK.

I put other as fishing, sailing, motorcrossing weren't options lol but since having 3 kids they sort of take over. I like to take the kids fishing well me oldest boy 11 loves it and had caught bigger carp than me lol. I also managed to get hold of

a small yacht which I have stripped out and refitted but still not finished as haven't got the money needed at the moment but once it's finished I'll take the kids out on it and maybe I'll bring the mrs. The main idea is to try to keep the kids off the streets and get them into hobbies rather than wandering the streets like they do nowdays. Also got the kids a motorcross bike but nowhere to ride it as they're considered socially unacceptable. That's enough rambling on anyway. Cheers

Were to start ... I play football (5 a side ) on a Monday, try to play Golf every other week in the summer , Shooting, 22 rimfire & FAC Air (Rifle-less at the moment since the move to a new house) , mountain biking and I love Skiing, try to go Austria every Feb for a week .............. And Iv been looking at getting a canoe as my new house is right by the Canal , how will I sneak that past the Mrs:run:innocent

Were to start ... I play football (5 a side ) on a Monday, try to play Golf every other week in the summer , Shooting, 22 rimfire & FAC Air (Rifle-less at the moment since the move to a new house) , mountain biking and I love Skiing, try to go Austria every Feb for a week .............. And Iv been looking at getting a canoe as my new house is right by the Canal , how will I sneak that past the Mrs:run:innocent
Boat Boy may have a new friend. :D

I hope you have an Apple Mac as well,

apparently you will need one to get your canoe to float properly, or something like that, maybe it stops the worms getting in and eating it.......

DIVING!! Nitrogen narcosis, drowning, decompression illness - can put you in a wheel chair. Its that much fun I still do it

I do athletics training 4-3 times a week, though I'm not a billy runner (billy no mates i.e. long distance runner). I'm a sprinter, I still compete for my local club, Lincoln Wellington in the leagues, even though I'm 52. I also compete for the Great Britain masters. I was ranked Britains No 1 High jumper last year.

I have been weight training 3 times a week since December. 14 1/2 stone. Do a split routine exercising all major muscle groups and then a half hour run on the treadmill. Weighed myself the other day and I am the same! But shoulders, arms etc seem bigger!

I have been weight training 3 times a week since December. 14 1/2 stone. Do a split routine exercising all major muscle groups and then a half hour run on the treadmill. Weighed myself the other day and I am the same! But shoulders, arms etc seem bigger!
jeez,

after reading all these type of posts Im starting to feel bad saying I even do sports,!

if you care to look at (I suppose) any of the '70's, '80's or probably '90's,(up until now maybe even!) videos of the Irish motorcycle road racers I would probably fit that demographic pretty well. :(

if its a bad habit and is legal(more or less) then Ive probably got it.! :( :( :(

but hey, it was good while it lasted, :D

How is football not an option :/ thought every man and his dog plays, or has played abit of footy !