What sports have people taken up?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been weight training 3 times a week since December. 14 1/2 stone. Do a split routine exercising all major muscle groups and then a half hour run on the treadmill. Weighed myself the other day and I am the same! But shoulders, arms etc seem bigger!
Pleased to report that its now 13 1/2 stone but cant seem to get any less but feeling a lot better. In fact I ran 13.5 miles recently!

Backgammon, Chess (4th in European tournament) of over 4000 entrants, Poker (won 4 tournaments), Maths, electrical, accounts, darts (top 80 in superleague in London)and any other sport involving sitting down or drinking a beer.

running away from responsibility !

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 23:35 ---------- Previous post was made at 23:34 ----------

Backgammon, Chess (4th in European tournament) of over 4000 entrants, Poker (won 4 tournaments), Maths, electrical, accounts, darts (top 80 in superleague in London)and any other sport involving sitting down or drinking a beer.
F'in show off....... :C

Well,,, it has to be sailing for me;)

Second time out by myself (inland man made salt water lake) and both times I stayed dry,,, didn't capsize!!!!

Mind you there was f'all wind on both occasions;) ;)

I did the climbing wall at centre parcs zoomed up it the first time but on the second attempt they had to let me down as only made it half way up. Father in laws comment was you are getting to old to do that sort of thing probably right.

I used to rally cars. Started off doing 12 cars, then proper road rallies and graduated to stages (mostly tarmac, but with a couple of forests thrown in).

I built and maintained my own and my mates rally cars.

We had to pack it in after we rolled at Manby in Lincs and interest rates hit 16%. We'd rebuilt a new shell, but simply couldn't afford to continue to put it back together.

Simply don't have the time or the money now, it's an expensive game.

Still maintain my own cars.

Also used to ski a lot. Again, can't afford it as much now, it's been about 7 years since I last went.

Well,,, it has to be sailing for me;)Second time out by myself (inland man made salt water lake) and both times I stayed dry,,, didn't capsize!!!!

Mind you there was f'all wind on both occasions;) ;)
I've sailed since birth noz. I've got a mirror dinghy and a small 23' yacht which isn't finished yet. Think you said other day you went out in a topper or laser? Very nippy fun boats. Try an international canoe lol they are half underwater when still and when they get going they rise up to normal level.

When I was about 8 or 9 I sailed the mirror dinghy round the isle of Sheppey (about 20 miles I believe) to raise money for the RNLI and we got a day out on the lifeboats. Great fun and luckily only time I've ever been on a lifeboat.

Were sailing to isle of Wight from Brighton in a few weeks, that'll be good fun 4 adults and 3 kids on a 26' catamaran.

Well Matty, I was brought up on an island in North Wales and my Dad had a couple of catamarans - 21' the biggest one. Great fun, we were always out on it.

When I return to N wales I intend to get a sailing boat of some sort

Matty, What you going to the Island for ?Ill be over there this August sometime (cant remember dates)
I'll be over there from 21st to 28th August mate. It's going to be the yearly holiday lol. Were go bembridge, ryde, cowes and all round the island. Probably go black gang chime as we have for the past few years and the kids love it. Plus loads of fishing.

My eldest went fishing with his mums friends yesterday at battle (wylands farm) in Hastings and caught 42 carp only 6lb and under but he's obcessed with fishing. Can't complain as he got it from me lol.

Ill be on forum everyday as usual when on holiday so if were near it would be good to meet up.

You over there to work mate?

Cheers

rottenecard_18114853_m9tqf5fm3r.png