Whats a fuse box?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy™

©Resident Geordie™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DSCF1175.jpg

the bigger cables go off to a really old fuse box which feeds a few circuits. the others are connected directly to the meter and protected by the service fuse. first thing done in this job was to remove the service fuse!

:eek: :O:O:O:O

You Bu**er, exposing my work again!! :^O :^O:^O:^O:^O

I thought tape joints were ok!!!Blushing;\ :p

I'm gonna find some of your work, to post pictures of!!! ]:) ] :)

Good one AndyApplaud Smiley

It does make you wonder who goes around doing work like that..... ?:|

and how they sleep at night! :( :( :( :( :(

DSCF1175.jpg
the bigger cables go off to a really old fuse box which feeds a few circuits. the others are connected directly to the meter and protected by the service fuse. first thing done in this job was to remove the service fuse!
thats really really REALLY SCARY :eek:

It goes to show how electric's are not checked. I would imagine in the old days when the blokes that read the meters where the old jointers they would have done something about this but these days any tom **** or harry reads the meters and don't give a f..k. But that does look like it been that way for a while.

Batty

It goes to show how electric's are not checked. I would imagine in the old days when the blokes that read the meters where the old jointers they would have done something about this but these days any tom **** or harry reads the meters and don't give a f..k. But that does look like it been that way for a while.Batty
Applaud SmileyApplaud Smiley

concur with that one m8....

all a meter ready has to do nowadays is meet is targets for getting round as many houses as possible in as short a time as poss!

a guy I know said his brother in law did meter reading for a while..

jacked it in in the end with stress of needed to meet his targets and half the flipping houses never had someone home! :(

there was a few PVC/PVC cables in the house. looked more like one circuit had been upgraded at some point. all other cables were either lead sheathed or single rubber in conduit. at a guess, id say it hasnt been touched for 30 years at least, so thats probably well over 100 times for the meter reader to say something!

:) And the really scary thing is that meter has a seal on the terminal cover.

Whoever connected that up to the meter would have worked for the local supply authority. :)