Whats The Minimum Insulation Resistance Of Selv Circuit?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

buddha

Reaction score
the smart screen test says its anything equal or greater than 0.25 M ohms,the red regs book says equal to or greater than 0.5M ohms????????????

Table 61 in both Red book pg 158, and green book pg 191  state  SELV minimum 0.5Mohms

it was the Brown book Table 71A page 173 that stated 0.25Mohms...

{in all cases test voltage is @ 250v}

looks like Smart Screen ain't so "Smart"

:popcorn

p.s.  you should be using the Green book now! :innocent

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks,our teacher gave us this question answer sheet with this on it,(as if things arent confusing enough haha).

I will get the green book when i get some cash,are there many differences?

only 100 or so changes and additions. Mainly some more special locations and lightning / SPD protection :)

I've been taught 0.5 Mohms for SELV

Last edited by a moderator:
There are MORE than 100 changes, it would be easier to count the number of pages that do not have changes between the current & last version!

There are MORE than 100 changes, it would be easier to count the number of pages that do not have changes between the current & last version!
better get down the shop and get the green book then,are things like maximum Zs readings different,how much is a new green regs book?

When you have the new book, look in the margin for

a thin black vertical line.  That indicates where there

has been a change from the previous version to the

new.

When you have the new book, look in the margin for

a thin black vertical line.  That indicates where there

has been a change from the previous version to the

new.
Never even noticed those lines until you mentioned them!! Learn something new every day!

Latest posts