Which Certificate for New CU only?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ITS

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

When installing a new Consumer Unit only, (including earth bonding and new tails of course) which paperwork do you lot give to your customers? I don't want to give an Installation Certificate because I don't want to be held responsible for Design & Construction. Also, it is definitely not a Minor Works as I've interfered with all circuits. So that leaves me with a Periodic complete Inspection & Test. Am I doing this right? Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

eic, and state for consumer unit, then technically you are only responsible for that only, you still have to test all outgoing circuits, and you shouldn't reconnect any that are dangerous.

new tails and bonding upgrade isn't always nessasary if existing are of suitable size depending on cut out fuse and other factors

Domestic EIC and you should test all circuits as you are energising them, you would then put LIM for thing like safe zone for example.

As Sellers said just list in the description of work the work you did.

Nice one.

For Design & Construction then, can I put 'UNKNOWN'?

you need an EIC for CU change.

you are responsible for design & contruction of the work you do (in this case, CU), so you need to put your details on there

Put your name, you designed and constructed the Consumer Unit. ;)

Latest posts