Which is best?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a2

Former Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My sister has asked me to make some posters A4 size for a party which include a photo and some text.

Ive tried photoshop and ive tried paint, ive made the photos smaller, larger, rotated them turned them inside out and backtofront and i still cant get the 'poster' to print off A4 size without it looking distorted.

What am i doing wrong?

Is there a free and easy site i can use to make them?

Thank you guys.

Do i have MS Publisher? I dont knowBlushing
Yes you do! (I only know this via my psychic ability but you do ;) )

Start>all programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

You choose the page size as A4 and what you see is what you get.

You could download the trial version of adobe photo shop, it has far more features and you can trial it for 30 days without purchase.

It is one of the best professional tools on the market.Takes some getting used to but I am sure you will master it within a very short time.

Yes you do! (I only know this via my psychic ability but you do ;) )Start>all programs>Microsoft Office>Microsoft Office Publisher 2007

You choose the page size as A4 and what you see is what you get.
Ive not got that one! :(

So, just for everyone's benefit, you HAVE got that one ;) :D

:p
Yes everyone i have got that one:)

but it wasnt where patch said, thats why i couldnt find it, not his fault tho.

:^O

I use Publisher a fair bit so if you get stuck you know where I am!
Thanks.

:x

I've given up!!

My brain is overworked and underpaid.

its gone on strike i think.

Will try again 2morrow.

if using photoshop>

select new document and create page size to A4/A5 etc with 300 dpi

Open and select images and then you can place as layer move size to fit.

Add another layer add some text (make sure layers pallette enabled under windows to switch between layers)

Add another layer > draw rectangle border using dotted rectangle > edit stroke 3-5 px to add border and select colour

When print preview you get the option to select 'scale to fit media' if this is selected and you are printing to A4 and the page size is not A4 then it will distort. So always make sure your page is formatted to the correct size when create document.

hope this helps - give me a shout if you need further assistance.