Which laser level and which angle grinder

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bane

Reaction score
Looking to invest in both of the above but not sure what to go for and wanted peoples views/opinions.

Laser level: Self levelling. Vertical and horizontal marking. Mainly for vertical drops and marking out horizontal containment runs.

Cordless angle grinder: Mainly for cutting threaded rod (8mm) and 100mm tray. Think a 12v Li-ion woud be upto this task?

Budget:

Hi KME.

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry but what is IIRC?

As for the grinder I've seen, it is Sealey, solely to be used on tray and rods.

What other cordless tools do you have? If you have any Dewalt gear then that's the one to go for etc.

I have toyed with the 18V Ryobi as I already have the drill and impact driver. I had a go at a tool show and it cut threaded bar with ease. The use special [read expensive] thin disks with lower resistance.

You want Lithium Ion batteries and the more the better if you are going to be using them with a grinder. Not liking the

Thanks for the replies. Much appreciated.

Have a chop saw already.

Just trying to make things that bit faster for myself. As stated earlier, it'll be used for cutting tray and edges (making sets, bends, etc) instead of using my hacksaw. Expensive alternative i know but with the time I'd save...

Makita is what I have Apache.

Latest posts