Which quote to choose help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks John, great that’s the inverter that is being fitted I’d made an error on that post you quoted, I’ve already been reading your posts on Eddi and I’ve switched my iboost from the quote out for Eddi. EV purchase is a couple years down the line for us but zappi definitely part of the plan, thanks for the advice, hugely appreciated 🙏
No problem, sounds like a nice system youre getting.

With those orientations, the inverter won't be maxed out very often, if at all, assuming it's equal size arrays on each roof

Sorry to drag this thread up again, but I’ve just logged into my ShinePhone app for Growatt and it’s specifies the inverter is the SPH5000 so it’s a 5kw inverter not a 6kw I was quoted for, not a happy bunny here at all.

Hi John that’s right yeah then was told by email it was an error a that in fact a SPH6000 was the one being installed. I’d sent an email last night and now being fed the line that SPH6000 is out of stock so 5000 was installed until that time! Not the best way for me to find this out, and probably a load of rubbish, I’d say.

Hi John that’s right yeah then was told by email it was an error a that in fact a SPH6000 was the one being installed. I’d sent an email last night and now being fed the line that SPH6000 is out of stock so 5000 was installed until that time! Not the best way for me to find this out, and probably a load of rubbish, I’d say.
SPH6000's were not available when I was looking round for my second inverter, I ended up with Victron for my battery system. So they didnt think to reduce the price reflecting the smaller inverter? sneaky.....

SPH6000's were not available when I was looking round for my second inverter, I ended up with Victron for my battery system. So they didnt think to reduce the price reflecting the smaller inverter? sneaky.....

Just an update on my install. The company miraculously found stock of SPH6000 the next day and that was installed, Scaffold came down on Friday after 8 weeks 😬 They’ve agreed to compensate me £1,500 for all the mishaps I’ve had, basically no shows and 7 visits in total plus two for scaffolding we didn’t have to be here for. So 20 415kw panels, 6kw Inverter and 13 kWh battery for £14k Think I’m fairly happy with that.

Sounds like a result, well done. SPH6000 has been good for me, many people has said Growatt are rubbish etc, it seems that earlier ones were not so good but the SPH series has sorted that out.

Latest posts