Working with other sparks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My experience since leaving school in 1978 to start an apprenticeship, has taught me that the world of work has four main employment categories:-

[1] Those who are pi55ed upon by others higher up the company tree..
[2] Those who pi55 upon others lower down the company tree..
[3] Those who are not in any company tree but lack the basic noggin to suss out dubious customers who could pi55 on them..
[4] Those who are not in any company tree and could pi55 on other vulnerable customers if they so wished... but don't!!!

Unless you are the one employing a third-party then you have NO jurisdiction over what they do or do-not do!!

The bottom line is either you are happy with what you are doing for the agreed contracted hours or Not?
If NOT then it is time to move on!!

Simples!
:cool:

@Tony Soprano, chin up, mate.
I'm sure that if the other subbie is slacking, he'll get caught out, and when the opportunity arises, he will find himself looking elsewhere by necessity, whereas you will be able to stay where you are.
It's hard always to stay positive, and I can say that with some authority.
Concentrate on yourself, your work and things that help you at work and make you happy.
Maybe spend more time with your family, gaming, or do some CPD if you fancy something work-related?
I suggest trying something different.
Do you watch YouTube videos or the like?
I'm not suggesting becoming a gaming zombie, but there are some excellent free games you can play on a phone, tablet or computer these days, and just a few minutes here and there may help to cheer you up.
It's helped me a little bit.
As has the odd dip into YouTube, work-related, IT/PC, other engineering stuff, and CPD, there is loads of good content and other content which you can critique! 🤣

It might not be your thing, it wasn't mine, and I'm still not well into gaming and random YouTubing, but now and then, they help me, and I have good reason to be down.
Unfortunately, the pills aren't working too well for me in many ways, so I am looking for a distraction.

What about helping with advising here?
I bet other members are asking questions that you could answer and help them out; I find that a nice feeling that would show you that you are worthwhile as a spark.

Chin up and don't go down the path of despair because of AN Other, please; it's not worth it.