Working with other sparks

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Soprano

Quality over quantity
Reaction score
Anyone else work on jobs with other sparks who do absolutely nothing and then take all the credit for your work? When you compare what you have done in a day to what they have done. And the difference is night and day.
I might be over reacting but it is just how I feel about it. Drives me insane. I am a grafter and expect everyone to do the same.

Last edited:
Does he do nothing, or did he get the project, fills out the paperwork, contact the LA if needed and completes the EICR if required, send in the Invoice and worries about when they will get paid?

As a Subbie you will not get the glory unless you are only spark on job.
I’m not after glory mate. Just a quick cheers mate for your work. That’s sound bud. That will do. And I don’t want to be the only one grafting. Nothing demotivates me quicker than feeling unappreciated

Last edited:
I can only suggest that as you and he are both subbies, sadly for you there is nothing you can do about it, and maybe it is time for you to move on, yes I know it is easier said than done, but as my boss at the time said "if you don't like it, the door is over there" (Some did use the door and 6 months later.............they would be knocking on the door)

Where I once worked, they often had subbies to help out, the ones that knew nothing did not last long, another subby was a really nice bloke, I liked him, he stayed for about 3 years, nothing was too much trouble for him, and if he needed a hand, no problem.

You may feel better if you were to look elsewhere even if there is nothing immediately available, it would lessen the frustration........ you will be doing something positive. I have experienced the same but now do not EXPECT people to be like me, a grafter. I just keep my head down and ignore the dross, stay positive and you will be rewarded in the end by being a stronger person.
Isn't it better to work than be a bum-numb ?

I kinda feel your pain. I'm SE but work alot with another sparky on larger jobs. When I compare what I have done in a day and what he does it does make me wonder why we're paid the same. Don't get me wrong his work is good and top quality just very slow.

It's frustrating but we're a good team and friends so I just grin and bear it

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but I'm Not sure why you would need praise for doing your job.
You have 1 pair of hands, You are obv doing the amount of work that you need to do so why worry someone else is doing less work than you.
Your a number at the end of the day and when they have had the uses from you your gone.
Btw employer's are not blind,. They will see who's doing the work and who's slacking.
It may not pay off now but it will down the line.
As my dear old mammy used to say.
Stop winging and Man up,.

I'm not trying to sound like an ass but I'm Not sure why you would need praise for doing your job.
You have 1 pair of hands, You are obv doing the amount of work that you need to do so why worry someone else is doing less work than you.
Your a number at the end of the day and when they have had the uses from you your gone.
Btw employer's are not blind,. They will see who's doing the work and who's slacking.
It may not pay off now but it will down the line.
As my dear old mammy used to say.
Stop winging and Man up,.
what he said🇮🇲

I must say @Tony Soprano after your other recent threads you seem to be like one of those cartoon characters with a rain cloud above their head whilst others are basked in sunshine. Your avatar doesn't really help.