WORX Handy Cut - Anyone Used One?

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PC Electrics

Reaction score
Better off with a Fein Multimaster bud.AndyGuinness
Got one of those. Did you look at the link? This is a mini circular saw.

I've got my cordless circ saw on eBay at the moment and am not sure whether to replace it with a mains one or one of these Worx jobs (I've only ever used it for cutting up boards anyway).

PC,

I've had one of these for a year or so and would highly recommend it for its price. I don't use it for anything elsa but cutting and ripping the tongues of floorboards as its not hugely powerful. But, as its a plunge saw with adjustable depth, it gives you great confidence when cutting boards where you know there are pipes or existing cables underneath and are not sure how deep they have been notched.

I guess the other main down side is its mains powered, so might not always be available (unless you have a genny).

Paul

Howdy. I looked at the Worx but read that it was difficult to get replacement blades. I had found the Worx after originally seeing a different model on QVC - I think it was called an Exact. The problem with that is that it only cuts 12mm - not enough to do my 18mm flooring timbers.

Today, I have taken delivery of a Batavia corded speed saw - found with

When you have tried the Batavia please post your verdict. I was looking at on last week on Ideal World. Off topic slightly...did you see the Exakt on QVC 2 weeks ago when the 'demonstration expert' cut his thumb whilst showing how fantastic it was for cutting metal FFS. soldiered on by holding the workpiece without the use of a functioning thumb, v. funny.

...and before anyone even thinks it; I am NOT a shopping channel addict BUT I love watching the QVC DIY on a sunday morning to see what 'fantastic, precision, professional quality, trade version, better than sliced bread, multifunctional, multipurpose, laser guided invention they are trying to flog which will make my life complete and worthwhile' :coat