Yosemite

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated to it the other day. Wish I hadnt not fond of the new theme and can't find away of changing it back

........there's a Transformation Pack for Ubuntu to give it a Yosemite skin........ :coat
WHAT?  :eek:

Im pretty sure it was crapple that took that theme and used it for yosemites look,  ;)

like the way crapple try and make most of their stuff look like Ubuntu?????

;) ; ) ;)

:slap

thats just a theme, :shakehead

i mean they way mac uses docks etc,

on a more serious note? can you run a different OS natively on a mac?  :|
I've read of many people installing Ubuntu on macs and that you don't need Boot Camp. Same for Windoze on a mac.

Its a shame Office Outlook will still not sync with iCloud.

People why bother when you have mail, notes and calendar already on the mac, well I prefer Outlook and it syncs ok on a windows pc with icloud so why not the other way round, is it because apple wants you to use their 3 programs I wonder.

Other than that as a newbie to the macbook pro, I'm getting used to it.

I could understand ubuntu running on mac HW , wonder how windoze copes with drivers?  :C

whats Boot Camp btw? an emulator?  :C
It's Apples own dual/triple/quad etc boot thing that partitions the HDD to allow other OSs and drivers to be installed natively. Earlier versions supported Windoze XP, Vista etc but latter releases limit support to 7/8 I think. Apple's Parallels which is the "other way" puts the Windoze etc OS in a VM. Boot Camp is good I understand when the package doesn't work well under a VM. Saying that you do read of people as I said installing alternative OSs on macs without using either Boot Camp or Parallels.