Yosemite

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Canoeboy said:
Do you mean Outlook 365 or Outlook

I haven't actually looked at outlook yet as i have dumped it and now use mac mail which is less bloated and much better

I have just set up OS X MS Word and Excel to sync docs with iCloud

Boot Camp is ok if you want a separate OS and have to wait to shutdown and re-boot

I have never used parallels but use VMWare fusion and have multiple operating systems that can be run at the same time and a 3 (or4) finger swipe of the mouse or trackpad switches between screens (OS's) in the blink of an eye

I haven't really found much apart from old XP software that needs raw access to a serial port or a PCMCIA card port that doesn't run on a VM

Yes Outlook 365 which is the 2011 version of Outlook.

I'm so used to using Outlook on Windows PC that I fine the Mac Mail, Calander are so basic.

On the Windows Calander I give the jobs colour entries so I can see at a glance who was where and when, on Mac calander its just blue, so at month end when doing valuations of works completed I will need to use Outlook on pc where I can use the colours.

Email attachments also seem long winded, on pc in outlook you see attachment click for preview or double click to open pdf program (foxit) then print or save. In mail on Mac the pdf is already open, select print and it will print email and pdf, select down arrow opens preview, save to but not print, so save first then print, seems more to do than in windows, but then I'm learning so probably doing it all wrong.

It appears to be some kind over heating issue but Samsung keep flashing it and sending it back saying its fixed but as soon as I start installing apps it gets too hot and fails. This has been going on for 2 months, I'm bored now & have lost my faith in samsung. :(

Ubuntu maybe but I believe this is a hardware issue. Plus all the freakin android apps I have purchased over the years!

Canoe: Make sure you have big pockets to fit it in especially if you get a decent case you will also need a hands free ;)

I would go for one but upgraded in sept after 5 years of good service from an HTC desire gonna have to go second hand :(

I'll take a chance on your faulty S4, if you send it to me with a fiver I'll have it, :)
Funny man....

:slap

I'm tied into an 18 month contract and have had problems within the first 2 month's! FFS! all other samsungs in this house have behaved themselves. :(

One of the errors is a no sim error so its not much use as a phone.