You Think Civilisation Has Moved On And Then..........

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evans Electric

TEF LINUX ADMIN™
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...............tribalism appears to be   alive and well.

Of what does the old fool speak of now you may think ... well it never fails to amaze me TBH ,  the people  where I live are generally a friendly lot , helpful , all living in the same place ,  all speaking with that funny , sing-song  accent that forever identifies you as a Brummie , sounding like idiots but don't let it fool you,   all getting along , working together , just trying to make a living  .....................

..................  until theres a local derby in the city like last night .

Where is the logic to it  ?     Why don't they hate Liverpool or the Arsenal instead of the neighbouring club?

Tribal dress has to be donned ,  a high level of intoxication is maintained ready to swagger down the mean streets looking for trouble .  

Last night 30 Zulu Warriors  ( Militant arm of the City supporter's club)   burst into a Villa pub  armed with baseball bats and fire crackers, beat up the gaffer , wrecked the bar , fought with opposite tribe members.

Hurling coins at each other during the match     :red card   headbang  

Last edited by a moderator:
thats the advantage of living in an area renowned for being inbreds, they dont fight their own so no tribalism here!!!

(NOTE: I'm not a native of the area, seen as a foreigner, phew!!)

Yes its centred on football ,  not rugby etc .      Its pathetic really ..... in the U.S a big American Football game  or baseball game seems to be attended by all sorts , certainly a family outing .