Zanussi ZWF12070W1 Door Will Not Open at End of Cycle

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well i done that and i am getting voltage but nothing near 230v.

I am using a martindale voltage indicator and im geting 150v max

Does that sound about rite

Therefor a faulty interlock?

You need a decent multimeter to test it, a voltage indicator is no good.

Expose the pressure switch at the top of the washing machine by removing lid, when the door wont open remove the pressure tube from the switch, if theres any blocked air this will release and activate the air pressure switch.

Find the rast connector which feeds power down to the door interlock, test at the connector block on the pcb for 230 volts, if 230 is present then its either a peripheral device or the pcb which wont allow the door to unlock.

On some door interlocks there is also a pressure pipe which feeds to a moulding on the drum, again this would stop the door from opening

You need a decent multimeter to test it, a voltage indicator is no good.
Just used a multimeter and done as i previously tested and getting 121V

Just used a multimeter and done as i previously tested and getting 121V

That could be due to the internal resistance of your meter

Remove the connectors and test the terminals on the pcb for voltage

Rite im going to be honest here, im not to confident to take the cover off the top of the machine, so if it comes to taht i will call someone in that does these repairs.

i have had a thaught as i was puting the machine back into possition.... this may be stupid so bear with me,

If there was a blockage in the pipe that made the interlock open wouldnt i have the same problem with all cycles? (as in my 1st post i said it worked perfect on another cycle). The same could be said about the interlock also i suppose... if it was faulty it would do the same on all cycles. But the interlock fault could be intermitant.... i have never really heard of a blockage of a pipe being intermitant if you get what im trying to say.

Latest posts