13a Sockets in bathrooms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike P

Reaction score
Hi guys
13a sockets in bathrooms, I know need to be 3 metres from bath, shower and sink out of any of the zoned areas.
It needs RCD protection, but can it be a dedicated RCD socket or does it have to be on a dedicated RCD (Distrubution board) protected circuit?
I know it’s also notifiable. thanks

Cheers guys. I thought that was the case, nice to double check.
Just one thing “Fleeting” On it’s own RCD protected circuit or any RCD protected circuit?

As long as it has rcd protection whether it is a dedicated circuit or otherwise doesn't matter.

The sink is irreverent. There no zones round a sink or basin. (Most diagrams on the web are wrong).

FYI I won't put standard sockets anywhere in a bathroom as I don't agree with items used in bathrooms on standard sockets as what's to stop so. Idiot getting an extension lead 3m long and standing a heater or radio on the bathtub and the item falling in yes I know you may have upstairs sockets but they are outside making it more difficult to get a cable near a bath just my 2 pences worth

FYI I won't put standard sockets anywhere in a bathroom as I don't agree with items used in bathrooms on standard sockets as what's to stop so. Idiot getting an extension lead 3m long and standing a heater or radio on the bathtub and the item falling in yes I know you may have upstairs sockets but they are outside making it more difficult to get a cable near a bath just my 2 pences worth

but what about bedrooms with a shower in the corner? sometimes there in their own 'room', but there are some that's just a shower & screen

not something you find very often at least, but there are still plenty about

if someone is daft enough to use an extension to make it reach the bath, then socket inside the bathroom or outside wont make any difference