2 new spurs on a radial

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah! Funny you say that, I have always wondered about that. All these pedigree dogs suffering with this ,that and the other and the little scruffbags seem to be as hardy as anything. Our last Westie lived to 16 and was healthy till fits started, exeption to the rule I suppose.

deke

The simple problem is a small gene pool. Some breeds are far too close but they all are to a degree. Interbreeding mixes up the genes.

Why Westies are itchy and Cavaliers have bad hearts etc

Please never every even think of buying an American Cocker Spaniel. They are all broken!

Are you licensed to treat humans Patch, think Specs has distemper or what ? Think you ought to put him out of his misery. ]:)
have you seen an optician recently? Specs is a guinea pig, they can't get distemper :p

(ferrets can)

Oh didn't know that, still put him down though , could'nt you ? ; \

Blymey its 1.30 am best get to bed, actually got a days work tomorrow, 40 blooming miles away though ,still TTFN

Deke

T'was a dream Sparkyt! :) As long as the circuit is labelled / identified at the CU it can supply where you want...

e.g. radial lighting circuits 1 x upstairs 1 x downstairs:)
i thought so. i just always remember a covo with another sparks many years ago. cant say i ever install them though for sockets always been rings. currently 4mm ones too on great big barn conversion just started!

I was watching a programme on T.V, a little before Christmas, I do believe?

It was about a well known dog show. (Shall remain nameless) and it showed pics of dogs as they are supposed to be / were, years ago, and pics / video footage of the same breeds as they are Today (and for several years) that are bred, allegedly - for looks and these "Shows".

I think they look terrible and severely dis-abled.

:(

Just a thought if you are using trunking until you next decorate, is it feasible to wire back to the CU and make it into a ring main, you dont have to upgrade the breaker yet.

As you are running your cables surface in trunking. Oh colour changes do they apply.

Wait to get shot down in a shower of flames.

Just a thought if you are using trunking until you next decorate, is it feasible to wire back to the CU and make it into a ring main, you dont have to upgrade the breaker yet.As you are running your cables surface in trunking. Oh colour changes do they apply.

Wait to get shot down in a shower of flames.
You'll never get shot down in flames here :)

I have no desire to make the radial into a ring. What I am doing is adding 2 extra double sockets in 2 rooms which only have 1 double socket in them at the moment. I am branching from existing sockets. The cable will be surface run in trunking as my gf won't tolerate me chasing cables and sinking back boxes.

When we come to re-decorate the rooms I will sink the cable and the box into the walls for aesthetic reasons!

The wiring is in 'old' colours and the new wires will be 'new' colours, there's already a sticker on CU explaining mixed coloured wiring in the installation.

Thanks for your input :)

Go on Go on Go on you know you want to make it a ring main.

Just a thought again if you have 3 radials on the floor below could you make a ring main there, and use the other radial to to link upstairs for the ring main.this will give yoyu 2 ring mains.Nearly said two rings.

Go on Go on Go on you know you want to make it a ring main.Just a thought again if you have 3 radials on the floor below could you make a ring main there, and use the other radial to to link upstairs for the ring main.this will give yoyu 2 ring mains.Nearly said two rings.
Why would I want rings? I have a kitchen radial and 2 radials downstairs (one for rest of ground floor and one supplies 5 sockets where the kitchen used to be).

You have 1 post to convince me of the superiority of rings over radials. ;)

For a start I'd make more mess - have more trunking and need some new breakers. What I plan to do will take me an hour! (and a while longer when I sink the boxes and cables). Some of the cable runs would be surrounded in insulation - I'm not buying 4mm T&E - I have some 2.5mm.

Apache,

don't listen, rings are not superior to radials. The only reason to downgrade a radial to a ring would be if your radial was overloaded and a return leg to the CU easiaer than splitting or upgrading the radial.

Riggy

I have 1 post to say why a ring is better than a radial, started as a joke from me Go on Go on.

Right I dont know where Apache lives ( rooms in use ) 1 double per room upstairs,

Modem, computer,printer,Charger for mobile phone,television,answerphone,dvd,cable satalite box.

Bedroom alarm clock table lamps, caller id phone .mobile phone charger again.

These are what is in most peoples homes,all low consumption but require a mains point to be connected to.Low load ring main is made for this and you can still spur of if needed.

Of course there is alway's the 4 way adapters 1mtr cable for

LOL

I appreciate the effort!

I have far too many 4 way adapters trailing all over the place!

I may well add more points when we re-decorate!

My house is stone built, so chasing will be hard! My 600W hammer drill wouldn't drill through the stone to put up some shelves. I had to get me 6kg SDS out!

You've not sold the concept of a ring - radials it is. I can branch off anywhere I want (I know max length of cable etc permitting). Will cost me less money and cause less disruption. Can't load the circuit anywhere near enough for it to become an issue. There's only two of us in the house.

I`d fit radials, in your position mate. Superior to ring in almost every way.
It already is radials :)

No intention of joining them up for fun!

Why would anyone just put 1 dbl s/o in a bedroom? WHY?

:D