2330 206 Practical Tests

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hello, i have got my am2 on monday and am a bit rusty with the emergancy keyswitch override on the 2 way lighting circuit, a circuit diagram would be very helpful any onethanks
cant be bothered to do a diagram, but there are 2 easy ways of doing it.

A: in same box as intermediate, put over-ride accross 2 of the incoming strappers

B: put accross common terminals at 2 way switches, so it links perm. live directly to sw. live at far end

with A, when a switch is operated, light with flash off then on and switch contacts change. with B, light will stay lit

POLARITY-

lighting circuit- One lead in the CU then the other on one of the two-way switches simply turning the switch on and off the buzzing sound would indicate the the Line is in the Line conductor only? Then repeating this on the other two way switch.

you can test the polarity by one lead on the cu breaker for the lights and crock clip one of the two pins inside the light pendent then by flicking the light swith the readings will change on the test meter to give you you polarity.

POLARITY-lighting circuit- One lead in the CU then the other on one of the two-way switches simply turning the switch on and off the buzzing sound would indicate the the Line is in the Line conductor only? Then repeating this on the other two way switch.

you can test the polarity by one lead on the cu breaker for the lights and crock clip one of the two pins inside the light pendent then by flicking the light swith the readings will change on the test meter to give you you polarity.
Ok thanks, are the other tests correct?

Ok I apologise it's a zip but it was the quickest way I could think of uploading because of the limit on .doc file sizes.

So this is the sequence of testing that you should but using on the 206.

I promise it isn't a virus or whatever if you think it is.

It was made by one of my tutors at Darlington Tech College.

I really hope this helps.

I'm kegging for my 206 tomorrow like but yeah.

[ Added by Admin. Extracted from 'Ninjadudes' zip file and attachment deleted. ]

SEQUENCE OF TESTING:

CONTINUITY OF PROTECTIVE CONDUCTORS (CPC)

METHOD

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok I apologise it's a zip but it was the quickest way I could think of uploading because of the limit on .doc file sizes.So this is the sequence of testing that you should but using on the 206.

I promise it isn't a virus or whatever if you think it is.

It was made by one of my tutors at Darlington Tech College.

I really hope this helps.

I'm kegging for my 206 tomorrow like but yeah.
Thanks for that, just downloading winzip so i can open it onto word.