2330 level 3 house rewire block diagram

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peter1992

Reaction score
I am currently doing the 2330 level 3 at newcastle college.

Homework for this week is to produce a scale drawing of a room with all fittings marked on it, then do a block diagram showing the steps required to do the rewire and time estimates for each part of the job.

I am a bit unsure of the exact steps involved in the rewire.

Anyone got any tips?

I am currently doing the 2330 level 3 at newcastle college.Homework for this week is to produce a scale drawing of a room with all fittings marked on it, then do a block diagram showing the steps required to do the rewire and time estimates for each part of the job.

I am a bit unsure of the exact steps involved in the rewire.

Anyone got any tips?
step 1 , look at job to be done

step 2 put kettle on :^O

step 3 while kettle boiling, unload cable, tools, knock out boxes or surface trunking and materials needed, screw/fixings boxes etc,

step 4 make the coffee and drink coffee while deciding on best cable route :^O :^O and isolate the circuit in question to allow safe working ;)

step 5, go up stairs or loft if a bungalow or upstairs flat, and get access to the floor void / ceiling void

step 6 start routing cables through joists, and drill joists with auger bit or flat spade bit where necessary

step 7 mark walls for new socket or switch and chase wall or make hole in ceiling behind any coving present to allow cable to pass down from ceiling space

step 8 chase walls or install trunking after cutting any trunking or capping to length chase socket or switch boxes into wall or install pattress upto the surface trunking if used

step 9 another coffee break :^O

install wiring to accessory below and cap up with capping or install cables inside trunking and snap lid on to trunking, connect accessory up. and TEST th new circuit after installing all accessories or lights etc on that ciurcuit, dont forget new fuseboard but before killing power make sure a temporary socket is available as you dont to make the kettle will still work ;)

hth :slap :slap

The rewire should be the same as whats already in.

The plan i've drawn is of my lounge and kitchen where everything is behind the plaster and theres no trunking

Thanks for all help

are you getting any onsite experience? you could always try hooking up with a local spark on a voluntary basis one day a week if you're not. block plans do not always have to have one route for estimated time. you could have different timescales and costs for different scenarios, based on chased out installation - revisit for 2nd fix, or surface mounted. or you appreciate that the college only want you to grasp the basics of estimating at this stage and go with one route and don't worry too much about it. if it's wrong. your tutor will tell you.

on a different note entirely, and please don't take this the wrong way, but i want to respond to all similar enquiries by college students about the questions on their courses. surely the first person to ask is... the tutor??? Not to say that we are all ready to help and relish the thought if showing off how much we know!

Good luck.

Yes i am getting experience but not yet helped with full rewire.

I mainly work in empty properties upgrading fittings and ccu's, only run new circuits where absolutely required as customer wants costs kept down.