2330 Level 3 Passed today! :D

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samage89

Reaction score
Just had my 303 today and thought it was exceptionally hard! but passed with a Credit :D .

Just looking for a bit of advice really, I've been told my level 3 will make me more employable, I do some Domestic work with my family whom my granddad is an electrician but is getting on a bit now.

Also if anyone has any 303 Questions feel free to ask, I had 8 circuit faults and one visual.

Sam

Congratulations, the grade does make you more employable but as ever in this day and age it could take some time. Keep doing as much as you can with your granddad so you can build up your practical knowledge, I often find practical better than qualification especially if they need to be shown what to do all the time.

Again well done on passing.

Congratulations Sam!

Have mine coming up in a months time.

301 on Friday

303 written, week on Friday

well done,

every bit of paper counts,

but,

I agree with Manator, actually being able to do the work means a lot more in my book than a bit of paper.

Congratulations and well done.

I have mine in a months time, what type of faults did you have

Cheers All!

The 8 Faults I had were basically Dead test faults. I had about 3 continuity failures, 3 Insulation resistance and reverse polarity. Also remember that even if you find a fault say when doing RFC continuity that you have to carry on in case their is 2 faults on the circuit.

My Visual fault was that the Main bonding to the water service was dissconnected and stuffed at the back of the CU, my friend had a real brain twister and found his was a blanking cap missing on the bus bar notches, harder to spot but wasn't as sever as mine.

We had 2 consumer units so I had to "Transfer the origin", which basically means transfering the Zs of the Extension MCB and using it as the Ze on the second schedule of test results.

One big help was the fact that I made my own Testing document which shows in order which tests to carry out, what tools you use, what settings, how many leads etc. and studied it religiously.

My Grandad has offered to sign up to Elecsa and get me some jobs to keep the information fresh in my mind until I find an apprenteship, he'll be assisting me while I do the jobs. most of my family are self employed so I don't think i'll have much trouble getting the work.

I've signed up for a 2391 course but my local college isn't in the know yet about whats happening so I've got to go back at the end of June/mid july.

Samage89, you have the best Grandad in the world. He'll be worth 100 times any piece of paper you get from City and Guilds. Treat him well. In fact, why don't you go and take him a cup of tea now!!

I've got the 303 written on Monday so if you got any pointers for that I'd appreciate it

well done on passing Sam:Applaud. I bet its a big weight off your mind. I know it was for me. Good luck finding an apprentaship. I dont think you will have as much of a problem as others as your already doing some hands on work. Although it will still be difficult with the current economic state headbang

well done on passing Sam:Applaud. I bet its a big weight off your mind. I know it was for me. Good luck finding an apprentaship. I dont think you will have as much of a problem as others as your already doing some hands on work. Although it will still be difficult with the current economic state headbang
I know what you mean, I've applied to places where I wouldn't have thought of applying yet I've not heard anything back yet.

It's a massive weight off my shoulders, I'm not a very confident person generally but after doing my level 2 and 3 over 3 years and passing is a massive relief and a huge confidence booster, it's also gave me a boost to talk to women ;D.

I was never really academically minded until I was 18 when I had to re-take my GCSE's to get onto this course, though I have all my requirements now and confidence so now I've just got to be optimistic!

Like you said, you've got to be optimistic at the moment. I'm sure the folks on here will tell you, its hard enough getting work for themselves without having to find work for an apprentice etc. Have you thought about offering to work for free for the firms you've applied to?

Yes it may be hard working for free, but as you've said your already doing some work in the trade, if someone takes you up on your offer, and you show that your very keen, they may eventually offer you a full-time job if and when things pick up.

Just keep your chin up mate, somthing will come up eventually:pray