2382 questions

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gforce

Reaction score
Hi guys I just bought an electacourse thing with gola exam simulator and Im concerned some of the questions are wrong.

One of them said what is the colour of a functional earth conductor and it said the answer was cream.

Am I missing something.

Another question was maximum zs on a 16 amp mcb and the quoted amount was different to my tables.

LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Gforce.

I highly recommend a website that my 2382 tutor had put together, in partnership with his Son. It really is the closest thing that you will get to the 2382 real online exam.

The support is fantastic, by E-mail, Or phone (Both his Landline and Mobile numbers he will give you).

Support is from 08.00 - 22.30 hrs. (I think).

All for a measly price of

I understand. But if, as you say, they are incorrect, I would rather spend the extra

Hi guys I just bought an electacourse thing with gola exam simulator and Im concerned some of the questions are wrong.One of them said what is the colour of a functional earth conductor and it said the answer was cream.

Am I missing something.

Another question was maximum zs on a 16 amp mcb and the quoted amount was different to my tables.

LOL
cpc is: Green & Yellow

Functional earth is: Cream

Table 51 pg.92 in the big Red book for more details

LOL
The OSG follows the 80% rule, so a 60898B would be 2.32ohms @ 80%, however ohms Law gives us 2.88ohms, however you of course use the 80% figure

when revising for the 17th edition is the big red the best for study or is it best to no your way round the on site guide as well ?

For the 17th edition it is based on the BRB.

when revising for the 17th edition is the big red the best for study or is it best to no your way round the on site guide as well ?
Remember your 2382 exam is an 'Open Book' e.g. you take the BS7671 in with you, but nothing else (excepting the clothes you arrive in)

Hi guys I just bought an electacourse thing with gola exam simulator and Im concerned some of the questions are wrong.One of them said what is the colour of a functional earth conductor and it said the answer was cream.

Am I missing something.

LOL
Hello Gf..

A functional earth is an earth conductor for a purpose other than electrical safety, to allow correct functioning of equipment..

e.g.

the little thin fly lead functional earth wire from and RCBO.

It is needed as function to allow the test button to work.

but not as a safety earth.

and it is cream! :) ;)

Thanks guys-makes it a bit confusing when revising from different books lol-think ill stick to the brb for figures and use others for info.