2391 advice

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

searley

Reaction score
hi.

i am at the end of my c&g level 3 and doing my 17th edition at the moment.

what i am after is advice on the 2391 i don`t no which one to do the 10 week course or the 4 day course any body done these and which is the best to take.cram it all in or take 10 weeks to take it all in and revise like crazy ?

advice would be handy before i enroll on the course

If you do the 10 week course will be much less of a rush - might take it in better?

Personally I can only concentrate hard for so long

I did the 4 1/2 day course (5 years ago). Stayed away in a pub (big mistake), found it very intense (revising till 1am every night) with breaks for food & beer (but not many... there's the mistake).

Only 3 of us did the practical on the 5th day (the rest chose to come back a week or so later)

I think the worst think about doing that course was the fact that I had to wait 3 months to get the results (I did my 2391 at the end of October) and got them just before Christmas.... I passed

The main thing is that you must be able to put the work in and know the regs inside and out.

is there any good books out there to get for revision on the 2391. i have seen this one iee City and Guilds Exam Success: Inspection and Testing - IEE Wiring Regulations No. 2391-10.

is there any good books out there to get for revision on the 2391. i have seen this one iee City and Guilds Exam Success: Inspection and Testing - IEE Wiring Regulations No. 2391-10.
This is not specific to your question, but I love books. I find it hugely helpful to have my little reference library on the shelf. I have some books I have used very infrequently but have got me out of a sticky spot!

If you can afford the book - get it. :D

I'm sure I must have spent nearly as much on books as I did on beer at uni - and that's a lot of books................

:D

I have just done the 4 day course, but I already had the 15th Edition, I have been out of the game for a few years. If I was doing it from scratch, I would have chosen the 10 week course, there is a lot of stuff to get through in 4 days.

I found this book very good; it takes you through examples and there are lots of good diagrams. It has questions after most paragraphs, making you look through the regs to find the answer. At the end of each section there are multiple choice questions and after that there are written answer questions, which again make you think a little and make you look through the regs.

I know it's written by the NICEIC but don't let that put you off, for

hi i done the ten week course . for me that worked gave me time to study. get guidance note 3 all the answers are in there.

one night at college a bit of study in the week. the book exam success is a great study guide lets you know what ti expect

and most important how to understand the questions

well it worked for me i passed

goodluck