2391 AND WHAT THE COURSE ENTAILS

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stephen36

Reaction score
Is any1 who has sat the 2391 able to tell me how the course an exam is split? Thanks

I did 10 weeks at Peterborough Regional College sat the exam on the 9th June, still waiting for the results. :z

Its a 2.5 hour exam Part A short answer and Part B larger more in depth answers needed. There is a practical part takes about 4 hours, not done that yet end of August.

2391 some take to it like ducks to water others really do struggle.

Part A -

is usually your formulas and odd questions on earthing systems, maximum demand,IP enclosures,Test instruments,settings of test instruments (IR - 250v - 500v), rating of RCD's and disconnection times, statutory & non statutory documents,who signs what on certificates.

Part B -

Is certificate filling, titles given in law to inspectors, legal status of inspector (duty holders etc).

They will then give you a scenario and you have to give explainantions of what you would be looking for in an installation, Such as correct IP codes of equipment, damage to accessories, correct installation etc etc.

You would then be asked to draw an earth fault path for one of the earthing systems. It could be any one of them. Yhis is a must and you should revise as this is worth 15 marks.

They will then ask you to describe how to conduct 2 test in detail.It could be any of the tests but usually continuity of CPC, continuity of ring final or Insulation resisitance. They will then ask you to work out values.

I passed first time because I got stuck into my books. I really thought the 2391 was above me but it wasn't and to this day I enjoy inspection & testing more than anything!!!

thanks for taking the time out to write your replies i really do appreciate it, that was a great breakdown electrical serv. CHEERS ALL

---------- Post Auto-Merged at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was made at 14:57 ----------

THAT WAS A VERY USEFUL LINK THANK U VERY MUCH

It is difficult, only 4 of us passed out of 13 on my course but It really does depend how much you put into it, get as many books as you can and ask as many questions you can, there are lots of places to get model questions answers etc, If you can understand the basics of testing why and what you are testing it will all become clear, A few weeks hard work will pay off.

Good Luck