302/303 Written Exams

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a1pacino

Reaction score
Hi all,

I know transmission,how to make an area safe,safe isolation and test procedures might come up but has anyone already sat the exams? Does anyone have any sample questions for L3 302/303 written exams or any idea what to revise?i have both exams next week and I want to make sure that I have them covered. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,I know transmission,how to make an area safe,safe isolation and test procedures might come up but has anyone already sat the exams? Does anyone have any sample questions for L3 302/303 written exams or any idea what to revise?i have both exams next week and I want to make sure that I have them covered. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Me too Al. Don't appear to much info on these exams. A few have done them though. :(

Oh Well. We'll do it the hardest way. (They probably had to) ]:)

Good Luck on yours. :)

Hi all,I know transmission,how to make an area safe,safe isolation and test procedures might come up
Are these likely to be on all the papers? The papers apparently are Lettered A, B, C & D etc -- aren't they?

Cheers admin good luck to you as well,

I will keep looking around for any more info, if I get any I will post it in this thread

i think they are mainly for 302 paper i have heard 303 is similar though.

I found this info in another thread from someone who has taken exams if anyone has ideas on the answers or any other sample questions any contributions are welcome B-):

List operating voltages for selv, sodium lighting, 3 phase motor?

State three considerations to be taken into account when rectifying a fault in a busy work area?

State three factors which may affect carrying our repair work on an installation which is in use (very similar questions I know)?

Name the three forms which would be completed upon completion of a periodic inspection , state who determines the length of time between inspections, who completes the paperwork, and to whom the paperwork should be given?

There was a schedule of test results with 3 departures from 7671 which must be identified?

for a Ze test:

state why the circuit must be isolated?

state the reason for disconnecting the main earth?

i can't remember the third...

There was a simple lighting circuit diagram with three faults on it which you must identify

There was a more complex circuit diagram of a 2 way with intermediate lighting circuit and three roses, again there were 3 faults to identify

Thanks Guys,

I have set it up to automatically add the Tags. You can also enter them manually when you are typing out your thread.

The third way is to PM them to me and I will add them for you.

When I get some time (You can remind me :) ) I will adjust teh settings so that you all can edit / add the Tags after you have posted the Thread.

Hi all

I have got this exam in a few weeks and from my notes the questions could be, name the instruments you would use for dead testing and for live testing and state the settings of these instruments , the need to calibrate said instruments , fault finding and questions on safe isolation to name but a few. Good luck all those about to take the exam , I reckon it will be 2hrs of city & guilds at its best . there is always the pub afterwards !! Guiness Drink

Hi all I have got this exam in a few weeks and from my notes the questions could be, name the instruments you would use for dead testing and for live testing and state the settings of these instruments , the need to calibrate said instruments , fault finding and questions on safe isolation to name but a few. Good luck all those about to take the exam , I reckon it will be 2hrs of city & guilds at its best . there is always the pub afterwards !! Guiness Drink
would some one be able to liste these.

i am a little rusty.

hi matey,

i have recently sat both exams, and they are not that hard. they are both very similar...

nothing to worry about, do ur revision and it will pay off. I took paper 'D'

I had to draw a couple of diagrams which are straight out of the OSG. if u want more info message me and i will be please to help you out.....

matty

hi matey, i have recently sat both exams, and they are not that hard. they are both very similar...

nothing to worry about, do ur revision and it will pay off. I took paper 'D'

I had to draw a couple of diagrams which are straight out of the OSG. if u want more info message me and i will be please to help you out.....

matty
brilliant, can you email me any information or questions that you recal to [email protected] please.

thanks.

does anyone know where i can get the earth fault path drawing of a tns, tn-c-s and tt system from please. i have trie google.

also the ranges of the test meters used. thanks.

These are possible questions as well (Cheers Matty)Applaud Smiley

> state one application for each of the following voltages in relation to the distrobution of energy:-

230v

11Kv

400/230v

> with ref to BS7671 define 'electrical systems'

> state the safe isolation procedure

> name faults that may cause a switch start fluro luminaire not to work

> state safe working practices necessary in terms of isolation

> what is 'on load' and 'off load' and give examples...

> draw various electrical symbols (back page of the OSG sleeve)

> state basic principles involved when undertaking fault diagnosis

> list test instruments and what they are used for

> identify documents to be completed following a periodic inspection and test

is this what came up Searley? i worked out how to attach stuff now its in additional options! ;)

this is a diagram of earth fault path and how to draw TNS/TT/TNC-S/TT system

2009-05-31-2003-12.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: