30mA RCD'S and cooker circuits

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good answer. My wife disagrees though. She says gadgets are, erm...... expensive :_| .BUT SHE`S N O T THE ONE THAT GETS TO PLAY WITH `EM.

So she wouldn`t know their TRUE value. ]:)
They make gadgets for girls :D

Well - they do say in the song that they just wanna have fun. :D
And they can now they have a washing machine, a blender and a vacume cleaner................

:eek:

Forgot about this, Element insulation was 200meg. Have changed it also replaced oven lamp lens as it had a crack in it. Has been alright since. I will not put Oven/cookers and immersions through RCD'S as I don't want to be going back to jobs. Will use RCBO'S or put cable through galv conduit.

Batty

Forgot about this, Element insulation was 200meg. Have changed it also replaced oven lamp lens as it had a crack in it. Has been alright since. I will not put Oven/cookers and immersions through RCD'S as I don't want to be going back to jobs. Will use RCBO'S or put cable through galv conduit.Batty
you should point out that the installation is satisfactory and done to regs. if their equipment causes RCD's to trip, the equipment is faulty and any future visits to repair faulty equipment will be charged

Forgot about this, Element insulation was 200meg. Have changed it also replaced oven lamp lens as it had a crack in it. Has been alright since. I will not put Oven/cookers and immersions through RCD'S as I don't want to be going back to jobs. Will use RCBO'S or put cable through galv conduit.Batty
Well I just re-read through a chuck of this post thinking..

who's dragged this one back out Admins cellar??

then loe and behold...

it was.....

BATTY :|Applaud Smiley:D:D

I would just say at this poiint....

I have never had any problems with cookers tripping RCD's

OR immersion heaters for that matter! ?:| :|

oh floppin heck patch!!!might of known it would be you diggin and scratching around Admins cellar! :_|

Not sure I want a bloodhound cow on my friends list???? :eek:

anyway.........................

Why isn't Admin2 friends with Admin1??? ]:) :eek: ; ) :|
I get a bit confused because I thought I had already done update on this but paddy brought it back not me so blame him.

Batty

:D

If the element ins. is 200meg, it isn`t going to trip, or contribute to, the RCD issue mate.
Martyn

Although it was one of my customers she had had some building work done and the builders spark had installed a a contactum 17th edition board to bring it up to regs. Rcd was only tripping when oven was on so he had told her the element needed changing so I ordered one and changed it also lens as said. I have not heard anymore so assume everything is ok. As I said I did test old element at 500v and it was 200meg so technically should be ok but was obviously was just enough to trip it out although it could have been damp getting into lampholder through lens.

Batty