4 Pole Rcd On Sports Lighting !help!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry KME I mis read he does indeed say 3 phase, my bad.

I would still say these 2kw fittings are 400v though.

We do some work on 5 a side pitches and the 2kw metal halide fittings are 400v. All the ballasts and igniters are usually in the bottom of the posts aswell due to the shear size of them!!! The lamps alone are like the size of a 2 litre bottle of pop!!!

Can be difficult to find the offending/faulty fitting with RCD at front end off all circuits!

Hope for a nice smelly ballast or a lamp struggling to strike/going off after a while then back on, sign lamp is on way out.

Was meant to say here are the pics... The lamps are a good 25-30 feet up so I'm just going by the spec I was given. They are abut 18 months old and the problem started about 4 months ago. It could be failed control gear but all the lights work and none appear to be failing. It's a dilemma I just can't get my head around
Canoeboy said:
Tidy Wiring.....

:shakehead
My thoughts exactly ... I wonder why they haven't used Henley blocks either instead of shoving 2 25mm tails in each terminal ofmthenrcd but hey Ho I'm just there to fix the mess haha

Looks rough to be honest !!

What have you got at the bottom of the columns ? Must be DP MCB`s somewhere, what about controls or are they simply switched on/off via the two S/F in the pics ?