6in timer fans in bathrooms

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a timer fan in production with a rating of 6 amps?

The ones we fit are all 3 amp. Does this mean we should be fusing the supply to the fan down to 3 amp?

thanks.

edit, Sorry, thought I'd posted in question and answer.. :_|

Does anyone know of a timer fan in production with a rating of 6 amps?The ones we fit are all 3 amp. Does this mean we should be fusing the supply to the fan down to 3 amp?

thanks.
If you are running it from a 6A lighting supply then don't bother.

If you are running it from anything higher (ring or radial power circuits) then yes, fuse it down via a FCU. :)

thanks mr s.

We run them all from lighting circuits

My previous employer insisted we fused down the bathroom lights and the fan to 3 amp.

My current employer disagrees and leaves them on 6 amps.

Just wondered if the first was overkill. The person I work for now seems very competent and has been a spark for years so I trust his judgement but I wondered where it would sit with the regs.

Just remember to stick a 3-pole isolator on the fan circuit if it's got a switch live from the bathroom lights!

thanks mr s.We run them all from lighting circuits

My previous employer insisted we fused down the bathroom lights and the fan to 3 amp.

My current employer disagrees and leaves them on 6 amps.

Just wondered if the first was overkill. The person I work for now seems very competent and has been a spark for years so I trust his judgement but I wondered where it would sit with the regs.
Both methods are acceptable, I've seen /used lots of both. The better option is to fuse down to provide better fan protection, but never seena problem with fan on 5A or 6A circuit. Don't think you will find anything in regs, its more to do with the fan manufacturers' recommendations - check the instructions and see what they say.

how do you know???I cant see the ratings plate?

methinks your just jumping to conclusions again!

it may be horsedriven,

Aggies washing machine is powered off Hercules treadmill!!! ;)
:^O