A guide to the AM2 Installation

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a great Post. I cant wait to take the AM2.

What is the time limit?

10 hours for the install...
On the new information pack it says 7.5 hours for the composite installation. headbang

Stu

On the new information pack it says 7.5 hours for the composite installation. headbang Stu
Is that because they are going to be doing away with the Steel Conduit and MICC (Pyro)?

Great post, although for landlord's over ride it's easier to just wire an extra "strapper" between the two commons of the two way with a key switch on this conductor.The new AM2 begins in April, info is still vague but the following kinks may help:

http://www.net-works.org.uk/inc/pdf/Information_for_Training_Providers_and_AM2_Candidates.pdf

http://www.net-works.org.uk/inc/pdf/Candidate_Self_Assessment_Checklist.pdf
Remember the 12th April 2010. New AM2.Info on

www.net-works.org.uk

Best wishes to all.
Thanks. Brian posted about it the other day too. :)

The current one is 10 hours, not sure about the new one. I think the new one will be better. Fault finding on the motor controls when you're unfamiliar with them is not much fun under pressure.

hi chris here about to take am2 in a week ive found this thread extremeley helpful thankyou, im just just a little bit uncertain about the EMG switch do i take the link out of the bottom into the 2 way switch or the landlords switch:|

Hello Westroyd32,

Welcome to the forum. Good luck on your AM2.

Hopefully someone will come along and sketch out the correct way a woring diagram of the EMG and Landlord's switch for you soon.

I will do it from the ones that are placed on here when I get some time.

awesome post just sitted exam all passed and completed in under two days think it looks a lot harder than it is

Thanks for the effort put into this post, it has been a great help... I have my AM2 on wednesday and I am feeling alot more confident than when I first booked it, its amazing what you do know if you put your mind to it! Just a couple of questions, what do they expect you to take/use with regards to PPE and also what does the risk assessment entail? Are there tools available for you to use, ie, set square or grips? I only have one set as it stands! Appreciate any replies, thanks Aaron

In your test rig there is a diagram of how to connect the emergency key switch and neon.

that is very good post ;)

I know even if you messed up conduit, they will give you ready made one, and you will still get a point, just one for putting it up

Believe it or not some people messed up even that (sorry was told that by examiner)

got my am2 tomorow and just got one question, are the circuit brakers already installed in the DB? and if not, does it matter in what order you put them in? thanks

There is nothing to say you have to install them in any given order. However, it looks a lot better and more professional (IMO) to have them largest from the Main Switch to the smallest at the farthest point.

Do let us know how you got on on your AM2 Today. :)

thank you Barge for your thread, was very helpfull, was stressing so badly but passed it the first time

big THANK YOU !

and now is all changed

Looking at the lighting diagram on the post i have heard now they have changed it to a live and neutral coming out of the light switch and you have to wire the lighting circuit from the switch.

Do you just connect the neutral in a connector then to the celling rose ?

So where do you start running the live to anybody got a diagram i could take a look at ?

Anyone taking their AM2 after April 12th 2010 should not refer to this info as it has no bearing on the new AM2.

Anyone taking their AM2 after April 12th 2010 should not refer to this info as it has no bearing on the new AM2.
Thanks Mate. If a Lecturer could confirm this, I will add a note to the OP.

If someone could start a new thread with regards to the NEW AM2, I will also add a link to that, in the OP too.

Many Thanks,

Admin.

Status
Not open for further replies.