A laugh at my own expense!

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so how you typin these posts if no keyboard?with your nose???

Shall I put a keyboard up for sale on TEF??? ]:) ] :) ]:)
see #19 & #21

Admin 2 has confiscated it. He's been a bad administrator. She knows how to hit him hard :|

you can get waterproof f connectors - but you need a special tool to crimp them.

or you can get 2x f plugs and a coupler, join in. add silicon grease inside it, then wrap in rubber tape - then you have a waterproof joint.

if you do decide to re-wire back to LNB, itll be an f plug at that end. even screw f plugs ill be ok, and most LNB have a cover over terminals to help keep water away from them

I had today off work so thought I'd get a few odd jobs tidied up - I installed an extra socket nice and successfully (socket tester says polarity ok and earth present, and there's electricity there).Now my first 'incident' was down to my own stupidity. I plugged my socket tester into the socket I was going to take my feed from and all the lights lit up. I went down and turned off the MCB and removed the socket face-plate. To be 100% safe I tested with my new voltage tester - and it showed 50V and buzzed. So I got my Maplin multimeter out and it read 0V. I was pratting on for 10 minutes when I remembered the new tester was reading continuity! Blushing

After that my gf has been on at me to run a co-ax supply from the sky box to the bedroom. After my success, and since I had the house littered with tools I decided to get on with it. The house has 2 1/2 foot thick stone walls that take a bit of drilling, so out with me 6kg SDS and 1m 12mm drill bit. Hole 1 completed uneventfully. Now to drill out behind the TV I went 10-15cm to the side of the existing Sky cable.What I managed to do was emerge on the other side of the wall IN THE SAME HOLE!

Severing my sky cable in two :( . This was 6pm this evening so builders merchant locally closed, so I drove to B&Q - 45 mins away. Gathered up a waterproof enclosure, and discovered that they don't sell such a device as a Co-ax cable joint! I cobbled it together with connector strips and insulating tape housed in a waterproof enclosure. Took me about 3 hours to get back to where I was when I started Blushing:O

Was my fun afternoon
We've all been there, that's what apprenticeships are for, and a van load of come in handy bits for when we still mess up occasionally :D

We've all been there, that's what apprenticeships are for, and a van load of come in handy bits for when we still mess up occasionally :D
Applaud Smiley

but there is always one or two bits that NEVER come in handy..

but you wont chuck them out just in case!? :eek: ; \

That is why my shed/workshop, is so full Specs. :D

That is why my shed/workshop, is so full Specs.
Mine too - must sort it out............ :D
you boys got to be more ruthless! :eek:

A trailer can be good for taking rubbish down the tip! :D :) ; \

{mind you.... my garage is a little too full!

Blushing}

just noticed...... "3333"Blushing;)

bit like watching the mileometer roll over..

A trailer can be good for taking rubbish down the tip! :D :) ; \
yes, but up here you now have to get permits to take a trailer/van to the tip. probably because of people like me taking loads of rubbish there. even tho it was 90% personal waste from home.

have had a few arguments about it when i take a large van and trailer. bloke normally complains because im taking the space of 3 cars.... ignoring the fact there was no-one else there, and there was space for about another 8 cars....

Hey all,

I've done something just as daft and even dafter.

I was doing a rewire and whilst drilling through an outside wall from the inside out the drill bit became lodged and the chuck just kept torking, So I took the drill off the long bit and with out thinking gave it a good whack with my anti-vibe hammer!

'Smash' went the car window as the bit flew through the wall and into the parked vauxhall astra! Oops

Hey all,I've done something just as daft and even dafter.

I was doing a rewire and whilst drilling through an outside wall from the inside out the drill bit became lodged and the chuck just kept torking, So I took the drill off the long bit and with out thinking gave it a good whack with my anti-vibe hammer!

'Smash' went the car window as the bit flew through the wall and into the parked vauxhall astra! Oops
:^O :^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O:^O

always the same, as soon as the drill bit gets thru the wall, its away!. maybe you should make the end of brill bit wider so it doesnt happen....

Hey all,I've done something just as daft and even dafter.

Applaud Smiley:^O