AC Disconnect

Talk Electrician Forum

Help Support Talk Electrician Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrjmegson

Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry, this is probably a stupid question.

Do I need an AC Disconnect between my inverter and consumer unit?

I ask as the inverter can obviously be turned off, and it will be on a 64A RCBO in the consumer unit, both things are isolating it.

Cheers,

Jay

Yes, you need a local point of isolation, just like you have a switch for your shower and cooker, to meet regs. If your inverter is remote from the CU then you should have 2 isolators lockable in the off position. 1 by the CU, 1 by the inverter.

Yes, you need a local point of isolation, just like you have a switch for your shower and cooker, to meet regs. If your inverter is remote from the CU then you should have 2 isolators lockable in the off position. 1 by the CU, 1 by the inverter.
Binky, by remote, you mean in another area, like the loft?

That's fine though, not a problem to put an isolator on it.

Cheers for the replies.

Mine is the 6kw one at the far right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-09-26-22-56-52-67_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-09-26-22-56-52-67_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 0
Yep, if someone is working on the CU they need to be able to isolate the solar, likewise if in the attic working on the solar, you don't want to be up and down ladders to the CU to isolate.
Solar? You mean inverter? I wanted to know if I needed an AC isolator between the inverter and consumer unit.

The solar and batteries will both have isolators on them before the inverter.

Latest posts